Next Yorkshire Meet - Saturday 26th July - The Old Post Office pub just off j38 of M1, 3PM

Damo

Your preferred date for the next Yorkshire meet  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which day would you prefer the meet to occur?

• Saturday 28th June
    • Sunday 29th June
    • Saturday 12th July
    • Sunday 13th July
    • Saturday 19th July
    • Sunday 20th July
    • Saturday 26th July
    • Sunday 27th July
    • Any of the dates is fine by me
    • Prefer one evening in the week
  2. 2. Will you be joining the convoy to the Wetherby Whaler after the meet? (The Wakefield branch... a mere one junction up the motorway)

• Yes, I would love to sample their delicious fish and chips
    • No, Im afraid I have other places to be/things to do
    • Undecided as yet... it depends how tight the jeans feel on the day

Discount on one of your details? (obviously if it wins that car won't need it... but if its a £25/50 off voucher, it could be sold on etc. or used on another car)

Some detailing products?

Fish, Chips and peas?

iPhone 5 with a new screen?

• Like 1

I may bring my mk1 and give Alan a run for his money

Your m1 is sweet, the best M1 I have ever seen, my vRS would have given it a run for its money, but the former owner of my R36 tret it like dirt so paintwork especially the rear not the best. Anyway when chris does detailing and I am off, I help him to detail clients cars anyway, so a free detail of products is no good anyway, he could get Fish and chips though! No being serious though everyone would cry foul if i did win as hes a mate   

• Like 1

Your m1 is sweet, the best M1 I have ever seen, my vRS would have given it a run for its money, but the former owner of my R36 tret it like dirt so paintwork especially the rear not the best. Anyway when chris does detailing and I am off, I help him to detail clients cars anyway, so a free detail of products is no good anyway, he could get Fish and chips though! No being serious though everyone would cry foul if i did win as hes a mate

Cheers mate. That means a lot coming from you and how mint your old vrs was and your r36

• Like 2

Any prizes for the most Swirls, I might stand a good chance of winning :giggle:  :giggle:

unless I manage to get mine sorted before the meet, I reckon I could challenge you for that title Andy

Dammit why does Yorkshire have to be so far away!

Plenty of cheap hotels/travelodges etc. in Sheffield and surrounding areas mate

Besides, its not until 3pm so you've got ages to get here

Do a couple of prizes. Dirtiest car, most improved, cleanest car, most interesting etc. Doesn't have to be anything massively expensive either. A sample pot of something, a voucher, etc.

On another note might convince another site sponsor to come down to offer spare key fob cutting and programming... Just having a word now. I know I definitely could do with a 3 button spare!

Can't make this one due to a clash with the Wellesbourne Vulcan visit, but will definitely make a point of coming on future occasions

Have a good one

Thats a shame Bryan

I've got two cars

Some might say I've got a split personality  :)

Unfortunately can't be in two places at once  :(

Can't make this one due to a clash with the Wellesbourne Vulcan visit, but will definitely make a point of coming on future occasions

Have a good one

The Vulcan is coming to Scarborough today for the Armed Forces Day that's held every year.  I haven't seen one in flight ever, so am really looking forward to seeing & hearing it.  If anyone's interested it's making an appearance at 14:15.

edit : There are other aircraft coming too so I've put the link in with the schedule for the day.

http://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/events/details.aspx?id=3739

• Like 1

When I was with the air cadets n the 70s we were camped in tents 70 yards away from the runway ( no health and safety then ) and they were taking off and 'll anding every hour . Did not mind been woken as they were awesome !

• Like 1

According to it's Twitter feed, they've just completed the Goodwood Festival of Speed and must be heading my way right now.

https://twitter.com/XH558

I've heard one before but it only taxied down the runway and prepared for take off but then shut down. 

Prepare to be impressed, it really is a special aircraft   :)

Well, you were right.  It was a sight to behold.  I didn't have a very good camera with me but I managed a few shots.  I'm aware that this is totally the wrong place for these photos but I'm posting them anyway.

10_zps66be97f3.jpg

12_zps3e3b0383.jpg

13_zps77228349.jpg

15_zps5f80aa04.jpg

• Like 3