Parking assist - no longer available..

Greetings from Denmark! :happy:

A month ago I ordered the new Octavia Combi 2.0 TDI DSG including the awesome parking assist-system :p

Today the dealer then called to tell me that the parking assist-system no longer is available, and that it simply will be removed from the order(!) :'(

Looking at the available equipment-list from the Danish Skoda website it is clear that the parking assist system no longer is an option - even the front-mounted parking sensors are gone from the list (updated today)!?

To me, it's quite reasonable to change the availbage configuration options - but doing so after a deal has been made I simply find unacceptable.

Have any of you guys experienced any similar? - or are we simply being down-prioritized here in little Denmark? :S

Still available on the UK configurator... Each country Skoda HQ gets to decide what options are available, and I am yet to understand any of their decisions! Why not make all options available so people like me can tick them all!

I read somewhere on here that front parking sensors are causing build delays. Might be due to part shortage or something. But I have ordered park assist on my new VRS and if I get a call from my dealer telling me its going to be removed from my build I will be most unhappy.

I ordered Park Assist on my Elegance late May and like you would be rather p'd off if it were to be cancelled. When I get the chance I will be checking the configurator, and keeping an eye on this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

problems at the supplier ... for vehicles ordered with ... The car can be ordered without sensors for a lower price, or wait until the sensors in stock. Then, however, delivery time unknown.

Edit.: no front parking sensors. With rear or assistant is said to be ordered.

Edited by hravec

That just sucks bigtime, ordered the parking assist for my wife as i live outside stockholm and is quite used to parking.

But the parkassist is just awesome and i use it all the time because it really parks perfectly.

The thing i couldn't order was the front radar thinghy, and i really wanted that :(

To put a deposit and order a car with certain options to then have them removed at a later date is disgraceful and I would get my money back and cancel the order.

It is poor and think it is unreasonable. What they going to do next tell you they have changed the chosen colour??

Not acceptable.

• Like 1

You have ordered that spec and so they should honour that spec, only stopping it being available on new orders.

Ian

If the parts become unavailable after an order is placed what can they do?

They pulled adaptive cruise and front assist from the UK market last October, so this is fairly common practice. These options were available in other markets, and on VW, Seat, Audi, so who knows why they decide to pull the option from a certain market but not others.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So... It's the different countries trying to speed up delivery times and not the Skoda factory temporarily removing certain options? In that case my vRS should be safe until its BW27... Hopefully!

Edited by Svensken

So... It's the different countries trying to speed up delivery times and not the Skoda factory temporarily removing certain options? In that case my vRS should be safe until its BW27... Hopefully!

I actually could order the adaptive cruise control and all the other guizmos from Olofsson Bil (skoda) but the waittimes were around 9-10months on those parts.

Might be so long waittimes on certain parts that some countries just pull them from the optionslist to avoid unhappy clients.

Heated windscreen is another one that they pulled for petrol vRS, but not diesel. SUK's excuse was to do with the excessive amount of current that it drew and it would cause problems with the alternator. Mmm, yeah...Right!!!

About 2 months after I placed my order & it was locked down, they reinstated it!  :devil:

TBQH, Skoda, should just say that these are the options available across the EU & be done with it. So it doesn't matter whether you're in the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany or Spain, you have the same choice of options, that way they know what to expect.

The only exceptions I would say would be the preheater (which I believe the Scandinavian countries have), which would be a waste of time in Spain/Portugal where it's generally a lot warmer all year, than say Finland, Sweden & Norway.

I had confirmation (from my dealer in Australia) that front sensors and any of the adaptive cruise/self park etc wont be available to order seperate effective immediately. We can still order it in a "Tech pack" (whole bunch of stuff bundled together) but not as seperate order tick and flicks.

I'm trying to get my dealer to modify my current order (with no scheduled build week) to add a pano roof........current order has ACC/sensors etc on it.....I hope I dont get shafted......might have to give him another call.....But I really want the pano roof!

I'm looking at it this way my car ain't due till December so to me that is plenty of time to get the parts together. Surely the front sensors are essentially the same part as the rear sensors ? I won't be happy if it gets removed from my order as it's not the car I ordered and paid a deposit for

If the parts become unavailable after an order is placed what can they do?

Excuse the double post. The parts are not unavailable though, the superb has the park assist function. No doubt they will include it with the l & k but exclude it from other models. I just checked it comes standard with the l & k

Sent a mail to my dealer to confirm my order. I have waited since november for the car. After all this time I don't want to get it discovering options are missing. Getting more and more nervous that something will go wrong the closer I get to delivery date...

I fully understand build times etc but where else would you order something include various options and at the mercy of "someone" have your options stripped away??

I'm buying a big fridge freezer soon in a certain colour with an ice maker/chilled water dispenser. So the electrical shop ring up after 6 weeks from taking my deposit in good faith and say oh by the way your fridge/freezer is having the chiller/ice machine stripped from the options/order you placed,.......yeah right!

No chance

• Like 1

I had a quick chat with skoda Uk this morning and they have confirmed that parking sensors are not available to order on any vehicle at present. They recommend speaking to your dealer as there was a cut off date for that option some cars made it some cars never.

I had a quick chat with skoda Uk this morning and they have confirmed that parking sensors are not available to order on any vehicle at present. They recommend speaking to your dealer as there was a cut off date for that option some cars made it some cars never.

This is a joke. I mean it is not exactly rocket-science technology they are fitting but parking sensors that have been here for ages! Maybe they are trying to push customers to VW and Audi where the profit margin is higher, because they have had those options since day 1 and nothing has been removed since the launch of the G7 or the Audi A3.

Really?? Glad I got my order in early then as I have the park assist / 360 degree parking sensors and it works great :) Can't believe they actually have an issue with them, even the cheapest cars these days have rear sensors and I can't imagine that doing the front and side is anything more than extra wiring??

Really?? Glad I got my order in early then as I have the park assist / 360 degree parking sensors and it works great :) Can't believe they actually have an issue with them, even the cheapest cars these days have rear sensors and I can't imagine that doing the front and side is anything more than extra wiring??

They are the same sensors used both front and back. Which makes this more and more a farce. And the parts are readily available as the retro-fitters can order them here i Denmark and have them delivered the next day...so parts-shortage excuse can't be used again.

The only thing I can think of is that they require different front bumpers / side skirts and that is where the problem lies?

The sensors come pre-fabricated and the bumpers are essentially the same as the only requirement is to drill the holes needed, so no real extra strain on the supply chain is needed. The sensors are then placed inside and cover the hole and get sealed in. You can see here how the aftermarket guys do it:

http://www.cartrends.dk/galleri/vw/vw-golf-5-ops-samt-bakkamera-high/

There is no excuse for this really, this has been done for the last 30 years(or so) and the park-assist only consists of 4 extra sensors and coding/modules(essentially electronics). But they have removed both park-assist and regular front sensors so..