Bilstein B6 dampers fitted

Well, how are the shocks now after a while since you got them?

Looking for any feedback before ordering a full set in January :)

Cheers

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, yes I am still very pleased with the outcome. The car is more stable through turns. It defiantly sits about an inch higher up due to the high pressure shocks but I am fine with that. At lower speeds you will feel it more, around 30 - 40 mpg, pot holes are still pot holes.. But things like speed bumps you will notice how well the suspension performs if you take one a little quicker by mistake and roundabouts you will notice how level the car stays. On a roads 50 - 60+ the car generally feels really smooth and handles well. It's still a big car, but you can tell its much improved for me.

Things to consider, now the suspension is firmer you could notice that the car gives a little flex, headlights will need adjusting, still need to do my manual adjustment.

All in all I'm happy

• Like 1

Just had an Eibach pro kit fitted on standard Sachs dampers with new shorter bump stops (£120 delivered from Germany VS £200+ in the UK)

Then after a few days of settling a 4 wheel hunter alignment

Car ride actually feels smoother, less crashing and much less wallowing around than it did before

On top of that its looks better too, will post pics when its washed for anyone thinking of it

• 2 weeks later...

Right, the time has come to change the shock absorbers, asked my local mechanic bloke and he advised me to change the springs aswell.

Had in mind the B6 shocks but now i'm a bit in doubt, thinking to go for this kit:

http://www.nh-tuning.de/Suspension-technic/coilover-kits/Bilstein-B14-coilover-kits/SKODA/SUPERB-3T4/Bilstein-B14-PSS-coilover-kit-SKODA-SUPERB-3T4::863191.html

Comes up to £760 delivered, the B6 shocks are around £420, so got me wondering if its worth the extra, highest everything or not?

Any opinions, advices are welcomed.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by alextan

• 2 years later...

reviving this old thread.

I'm also looking at b14 . I drive the octavia 2.0TDI, (pre latest face lift version).

Any opinions on b14 coilovers?

By the way Alextan, did you get b14s ?

• 2 years later...