Hotter Skoda Octy vRS spied testing again

OR, could just be the new black edition with different wheels?

Blackedition.jpg

Why would they be testing that, it's just some add on bits of plastic and different wheels.

As the link posted quotes "A mysterious Skoda Octavia Combi RS prototype was spotted, hinting at a possible more powerful version"    As the picture is not a vRS its pure speculation and wishful thinking.                                                                  

As the link posted quotes "A mysterious Skoda Octavia Combi RS prototype was spotted, hinting at a possible more powerful version" As the picture is not a vRS its pure speculation and wishful thinking.

What other model would be fitted with vRS brakes then?

The big brakes and quad exhausts indicate this is a hotter VRS TSI under test. I see no point in having quad exhausts on a diesel when the current TDI only uses one out of two pipes. Whether it will go into production, with what specs and at what price is of course unknown, but I will need 4WD to tempt me into buting another VRS. If it is only FWD with a bump in power most people may just as well save money and pay APR/DTUK ~£500 to give their TSI's ~300bhp.

Well good old AE reckon it'll have haldex and up to 280bhp,...... :D

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/87657/skoda-octavia-vrs-plus-spied

Even if it does, the only true advantage it'll have over the std VRS in the real world would be the initial 0-60, however with the extra weight of the haldex, I'm not so sure it'd have much more of an advantage in normal driving,...

I'd probably still buy one  :D

• Like 2

Do people not understand what a test mule is? Just because it's not got a vRS body doesn't meant it's not got potential new vRS running gear packed inside.

Exactly, and you can see it has OEM style quad exhausts and of course they used normal bumpers, they probably didn't wanna wait weeks for the RS ones :P

It's quite obvious that the rear brakes are larger than on the standard VRS. Definitely a test mule of something even more powerful than a stock VRS. My guess it will only have the diff (like the Cupra), but not the haldex (like the R). Bring it on!

I'm curious about the styling changes (if any) that will come with this model.

Edited by TudorM

It's quite obvious that the rear brakes are larger than on the standard VRS.

Are they? Not sure they are bigger on the rear than a standard vRS.

They do look bigger, probably the vented rear discs from the Golf GTi performance pack.....

• Like 1

They must be. They look bigger with those 19" wheels than they do on mine with only 18" wheels. It's probably going to be as Neily pointed out...