The Hulk is going up for sale :(

Just been confirmed that I'm getting a company demo at work so has to be done. If any of you know someone who wants a mk3 vRS combi with low miles and a decent spec let me know.

Full for sale advert will follow shortly. 

What a shame. I remember your original post when you got the Hulk. Will you be sad to see it go so soon?

What a shame. I remember your original post when you got the Hulk. Will you be sad to see it go so soon?

I genuinely will be sad to see him go. He is my first ever new car that I have specced, such a shame but needs must, although we could do with 2 cars the Mrs says it's to big for her day to day. She loves the look of the Fabia vRS so we will be getting her a mini hulk I suspect.

New car will arrive in roughly 6-8 weeks so I'll have to get a move on, it'll be a great buy for someone who fancies a Race Green combi with basically demo mileage.

I genuinely will be sad to see him go. He is my first ever new car that I have specced, such a shame but needs must, although we could do with 2 cars the Mrs says it's to big for her day to day. She loves the look of the Fabia vRS so we will be getting her a mini hulk I suspect.

New car will arrive in roughly 6-8 weeks so I'll have to get a move on, it'll be a great buy for someone who fancies a Race Green combi with basically demo mileage.

Ah well, at least you'll be getting The Ultimate Drivers Car rather than a taxi..... :angel:  I have the same slight concerns that our forthcoming 3 Series Touring might be too big for SWMBO after her Jazz, hence all the parking gizmos and rear view camera added to the spec. Your colleague Sam patiently let us have several demo drives including parking trials in your main and upper car parks. She was Ok once we'd got rid of the very confusing guide lines on the rear view camera.  I actually find my Octavia easier to park than her shopping trolley (the Octavia is actually slightly longer than the BMW) once you learn to trust the sensors...

Edited by Timoctav

Wait a mo.... as much as I want a race green combi, you are taking a massive hit cost-wise because SWMBO thinks its a bit big to drive? (no offense)

Personally, I would be asking to pony up for the depreciation..... She would soon get used to the size of the car ;-)

Wait a mo.... as much as I want a race green combi, you are taking a massive hit cost-wise because SWMBO thinks its a bit big to drive? (no offense)

Personally, I would be asking to pony up for the depreciation..... She would soon get used to the size of the car ;-)

Are you single sniperpenguin? lol.

Edited by CBMotorsport
  • Like 1

Are you single sniperpenguin? lol.

:p  - Unfortunately not (Although she has sourced me F1 tickets this weekend..... gotta love her!)

But if I told her the financial implications of chopping in a car this early (which she already knows), she wouldnt dream of asking me (or us) to take the hit simply becasue she thought it was "a bit big"  :D

To the OP - Any chance you can get a car allowance rather than a company demo?

Edited by sniperpenguin

Yes, I think she'd get used to it if she drove it more. The Superb i'm driving until my VRS arrives doesn't feel any bigger than my Golf to drive, apart from the rear overhang which is quite a bit more. 

3 series?

Tut tut!!

:thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

T'is all i can say to that choice im afraid!

If you don't need the room of the Octavia (I don't) it is by far the better drivers car. Especially the amazing 335D M Sport X drive.

If you don't need the room of the Octavia (I don't) it is by far the better drivers car. Especially the amazing 335D M Sport X drive.

Oh it probably is a better car to drive.

Sat in one today though. Wouldnt touch them just from that. Awful interior. 5 series though, now thats nice.

Oh it probably is a better car to drive.

Sat in one today though. Wouldnt touch them just from that. Awful interior. 5 series though, now thats nice.

....which is why I'm having the BMW Individual Merino leather seats with contrast piping and stitching (standard Dakota leather is hard and horrible) and to complement the Merino sports seats I've added the BMW Individual leather fascia and door panels again with tastefully restrained contrasting stitching. Not cheap, but well worth it IMO.

Personally I'm not a fan of the 5 series interior, but each to their own.

Edited by Timoctav

And after you just had the rear hatch coded so it both opens and closes on he button without the beep.

Shame on you :bandit:

It was good to meet you and the misses last night and finally see a race green Mk3.