Mk3 Octavia is becomming rather common.......

On a 3 hour journey along the M6, M42 and M40 this afternoon followed, overtook or drove past 17 of them, quite a few vRS's too. Guess theres no wonder they're struggling with new car delivery lead times.

There are two that drive around near me in Bedfordshire. One blue estate and one white one that's very similar to mine. Both are oil burners though

Soon to be another VRS TSI around your way. I spend a lot of time in Beds and Bucks, Newport Pagnell, Woburn, MK etc. :-)

• Like 3

Seen quite a few on the M25 in the last couple of weeks and someone else at work owns one. Spotted a lovely blue VRS combi in the village of Lindfield the other day that made me very jealous as I passed in my 1.6 TDI SE.

Edited by Dan25730

Plenty in Hampshire, both "normal" Octavias and vRS. Get over it guys, good product it might be, exclusive it isn't and never will be - it's a normal run of the mill car.

Seen three around my way since it came out. Only vRS I've seen was in the dealer's. Not saying it's exclusive, but it's not 'common' by any means.

There aren't many Vrs octys in the Norfolk/Suffolk area, though plenty of normal octys. Only ever see one other VRS in Norwich and that belongs to a mate who bought his after a test drive in mine!

I'm seeing quite a few on my regular A24 / M25 journey but rarely a vRS in them.

Are you a fellow East Grinstead dweller?

Very few vRS on A22/M25 journey, except two in EG - a meteor grey estate and blue hatch, both VRS'.

Plenty in Hampshire, both "normal" Octavias and vRS. Get over it guys, good product it might be, exclusive it isn't and never will be - it's a normal run of the mill car.

That was really my point Tim, hire cars...taxis....they are simply everywhere now.

Never bought mine expecting it to be exclusive, its only an Octavia after all (and as good as it is something I probably would never have bought if I hadnt have been budget concious at the time). Just surprised me how many there were on the road felt as though I was driving past one every few mins at one point.

Im faced with doing alot of miles in mine now so as soon as I can get rid without doing my nuts its probably going to get chopped for a company Golf GTD or 320d/518d BMW or may change it for something a little more interesting. The Elegance is an excellent car but its a bit sterile.

Saw 5-6 vRS and a few various spec Octavia at Festival of speed, but generally I don't see that many mk3 Octavia's and only 3 vRS's on the road.

That was really my point Tim, hire cars...taxis....they are simply everywhere now.

Never bought mine expecting it to be exclusive, its only an Octavia after all (and as good as it is something I probably would never have bought if I hadnt have been budget concious at the time). Just surprised me how many there were on the road felt as though I was driving past one every few mins at one point.

Im faced with doing alot of miles in mine now so as soon as I can get rid without doing my nuts its probably going to get chopped for a company Golf GTD or 320d/518d BMW or may change it for something a little more interesting. The Elegance is an excellent car but its a bit sterile.

Still if the Octavia wasn't any good we wouldn't see so many about would we? Yes the Elegance is not an exciting car by any means, you drive from A to B without diverting 30 miles for an enjoyable drive. It's purely function on wheels. Does me fine for the long commute. If anything too big for me, like you I bought on a budget and didn't want to spend another couple of thousand to get an equivalent Golf, which would have been a better size for us. Still haven't really got the sports car "thing" out of my system, see how I get on with the BMW 335d X-Drive M Sport Touring due in a few weeks. Keeping the Octavia of course!

Edited by Timoctav

Really?....still a rare sight in Berkshire/M3/M4/M25 area.

Wassers, can I assume that you're referring to vRS versions in particular? There are Octavia's absolutely everywhere that I go!

6 vRS mk3 ,4 ESTATES AND 2 HATCHES, with in a 15 mile radius of me in Wiltshire. Blue, green, 2x white  red, and most recently a black.

That includes mine of course.

N.B.We are well blessed with Skoda Dealerships within that radius from me.

Edited by vrskeith

Are you a fellow East Grinstead dweller?

Very few vRS on A22/M25 journey, except two in EG - a meteor grey estate and blue hatch, both VRS'.

I'm the other side, just South of Horsham.

On the day mine arrived (19th June), a Race Blue VRS TDi DSG Combi with a host of options also came in as a stock order, and was sold on 28th June having never even left the dealers off-site compound, and the guy who purchased the original Candy White vRS TDi DSG Combi demo that I first drove in September last year, traded the vehicle in one afternoon last week (for a LR Freelander… no explaining the thought patterns of the human mind on that one), which the dealer then sold the following morning.

They seem desperate for high spec Octavia's over here (Elegance/vRS), but said no-one's showing any interest in the S/SE, and the Rapid's seem about as popular as a fart in a space suit.

• Like 1