Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

We got the 2.0tdi. I'd tested a 1.6 a week or two back and found it lacking a little, plus I went for a non existent 6th gear!

I've not seen one in the flesh as yet, but I don't mind the wheels. It might look quite mean black on black.

I've got 6 weeks to sell my spec b legacy now.

We got the 2.0tdi. I'd tested a 1.6 a week or two back and found it lacking a little, plus I went for a non existent 6th gear!

I've not seen one in the flesh as yet, but I don't mind the wheels. It might look quite mean black on black.

I've got 6 weeks to sell my spec b legacy now.

I test drove Black edition with the black wheels and honestly speaking I just loved the look.It does look mean. You made a good engine choice even though I have a 1.6 TDI which has enough power to put smile on my face. 

All the best mate..

Make that 2 !! 

Awesome car,  now the proud owner of a 2.0l TDI DSG Black Edition which goes like stink!! ..with some lovely wheel ;-)

photos to follow (though slightly ruined with a roof box as I am not off on hols) yee ha

Photos please..

Just today ordered a white 'black' edition estate DSG 2.0TDI......

A few quick questions if anyone has time to answer:

1. Does the Nav/phone have voice activation? It says in the brochure that the SE does have voice activation when Nav is specified but as it doesn't have a multi function wheel I just wondered how you activated it?

2. What's the 150ps 2.0 engine like? I've never bought a car without driving the engine.....until now! It looks good 'on paper'! Gulp!

3. Does anyone know how to get album artwork to appear when using a SD Card on Amundsen with files copied from iTunes?

Re question 2, it's a nice engine, plenty of pull and quite flexible.

I test drove one prior to settling on the vRS (184 diesel) and although there is obviously a power difference, I was surprised how well the 150 went.

Just today ordered a white 'black' edition estate DSG 2.0TDI......

A few quick questions if anyone has time to answer:

1. Does the Nav/phone have voice activation? It says in the brochure that the SE does have voice activation when Nav is specified but as it doesn't have a multi function wheel I just wondered how you activated it?

2. What's the 150ps 2.0 engine like? I've never bought a car without driving the engine.....until now! It looks good 'on paper'! Gulp!

3. Does anyone know how to get album artwork to appear when using a SD Card on Amundsen with files copied from iTunes?

1. Yes. There is a voice button on the Amundsen. Downside is that if you had a MFSW you'd also get a button for it on the wheel. Its pants though, a gimmick and not particularly useful on the Octavia.

2. Engine is excellent. The 150 had beam rear suspension and none of the other heavier bits from the vRS (seats, wheels, front brakes) so weighs over 100kgs less. As a consequence there isnt a massive power to weight difference thus isnt a great deal slower.

3. No idea, would assume you'd copy the album art to the same folder you store the music and the Amundsen should pick it up.

Same here, when did u order yours? I was told Friday that mine was in uk port

I was told that it was at UK port last Tuesday and think its still there. I am in a different boat :-o though as mine is going to Northern Ireland.

Above question on album art....think it is embedded in the mp3 itself. There is a thread here on it.

Mine still doesn't have a build date :(

If anyone has a black one please post a pic, I've still not seen one!

I did upload few "black" black edition test car's pictures.

We have two members here who have bought the black edition few weeks ago however still haven't uploaded the pictures as they are too busy enjoying the car. ;-)

Agree that's a mean looking piece of kit, and black (although a sod to keep clean) is such a superb colour for the Octy 03... but I've got to say (yet again)... the standard ride height is just ridiculous, and (as the picture also shows) the rear wheel offset is totally out of balance (aesthetically) with the 'geometry' of the car.

There's an increasing amount of people fitting Eibach/H&R springs and spacers and it's easy to see why... plus it's the only way any Octavia will look like it's portrayed in the brochure and in their media advertising.

And why, as has been asked so many times before, does the Black Edition come with a chrome grille surround?!? Nuts!

True, but then the vRS isn't called a Black Edition.

This is quite frustrating. Why are you calling it a Black Edition when it is mising the most important feature of the black pack.