National Meet 3rd of August - Convoy from South East...?

Slotty

Hi,

As per the subject I thought it might be a good idea to create the topic to see who's up for this...

I'm planning to leave around 6.00am on Sunday 3rd and I know there are few who are interested in doing the same.

Please add your name inc. the rought location where you live. Once we have the list we can work out the times and meeting points... :)

This is the route I'm planning to take:

http://goo.gl/FEJYF9

1. Slotty - I live close to the Bluewater Shopping Center (Kent)

Matty

• Like 1

No idea, didn't consider it...

That's why I thought I'd go up on the Saturday. I can swap to my track tyres the Saturday evening. Also won't need a really early morning. If the briefing was at 8 I would have to be on the road before 4am

I was going to go on track but I've a family do the night before so cannot get up there and stay over night on Staurday. And for sure I'd never get up early enough to get to the sigh on time (I say me I mean the other half).

I'll be there but probably not until later in the day.

Driver brief is at 9am

Hmm...   160 miles.

Being realistic and allowing a bit of spare time I'm going to have to set off at 5:45 at the latest I feel.

That's going to be one LONG day.

• Like 1

Hmm... 160 miles.

Being realistic and allowing a bit of spare time I'm going to have to set off at 5:45 at the latest I feel.

That's going to be one LONG day.

That's why I'm camping on site. Pootle up there Saturday then get up 7.30 ish

Google maps says 3 hours and 30 mins (170 miles) but as I'm not going on track I don't really need to be there for 9.00am but on the other hand I don't want to drive on my own and secondly I'd love to have a passenger lap with someone if poss...;)

• Like 1

Google maps says 3 hours and 30 mins (170 miles) but as I'm not going on track I don't really need to be there for 9.00am but on the other hand I don't want to drive on my own and secondly I'd love to have a passenger lap with someone if poss... ;)

Sounds like a plan... do like the idea of easy drive up on Saturday though... no pressure leisurely cruise.... have a few drinks night before with bbq and then head over in the morning. :)

• Like 2

Sounds like a plan... do like the idea of easy drive up on Saturday though... no pressure leisurely cruise.... have a few drinks night before with bbq and then head over in the morning. :)

I'm starting to agree.

Anyone up for a Saturday convoy up there? I did see some posts on where to stay and recommendations. Bearing in mind I'd like my car to still be their and in one piece in the morning. :)

I'm up for that. If we don't sort out a convoy my and my mate in his octy are going to have a two car convoy and have another member joining further up the A1 in a fabia.

The convoy behind Richard last year was pretty good.

• Like 1