Soft99 Authentic Premium

Dinski

Hi guys I know we have all been talking about this already. And sharing pics we've taken but I think this product deserves it's own thread and not to be part of the fusso coat thread.

Even thought the 2 seem to work well together.

Maybe we could throw up some images and quick reviews for people just stumbling onto this. As in the fusso thread authentic is not tried out till the last few pages.

Anyway I'll start.

Authentic premium by soft99 is mist definitely the easiest wax Ive ever applied. It comes in a double tin with a nice sponge aplicator & a rubber base on the bottom of the tin. (Nice touch) I found out the hard way that you really need to use this quite sparingly otherwise it's not so forgiving and can cause petrol/oil like smears.

After others have discussed with the suppliers (nippon shine) they have come to find a second layer of wax cures this problem. I can confirm this worked for me.

Removal wasn't the easiest for me. But the results were more than worth it. Flake pop is amazing on authentic premium.

The whole product to me just oozes quality and is one of the best waxes I've used by far - it may even be the best.

20140711_160252.jpg

20140711_155954.jpg

20140711_160013.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice indeed - the pics of your car really do say it all Carl!!! 

Lovely car, and an awesome detail - using great products which are superb value for money!

Thanks also to Jackie Wong for making it all happen on the Nipponshine distribution chain too.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Agreed ste, please add a couple of pics of that glass like R36

I would love to; but both Jackie Wong and i are in on the Definitive Wax OCD Edition limited batch;

patiently awaiting delivery of this to test out so I will be putting that on the .:R36 in due course.....

.....plus i have Mist-X to trial with some BSD mixing.  ;)

I did however put some on the Seat Exeo and the flake pop in the reflection was awesome.

Hard to photograph... but i'll get it posted up shortly to let you see.

This is the one i love.... the flake pattern is awesome, like looking deep into a galaxy of stars in deep dark space.  :happy:

Some days this paint can look a plain black, with a deep gloss; then sometimes in direct sun.... it really POPS!!!

There is everything in there from gold, to bright blue and even a hint of muscovado i think   :rofl:  :giggle:  :thumbup:

10457596_10203084960699583_6843018908490

• Like 2

This is the one i love.... the flake pattern is awesome, like looking deep into a galaxy of stars in deep dark space.  :happy:

There is everything in there from gold, to bright blue and even a hint of muscovado i think   :rofl:  :giggle:  :thumbup:

probably a bit of overspray at the factory LOL

• Like 1

After a Saturday afternoon Detail in Scarborough on my B in Law's Jag XKR

Polished with Scholl S17+ and Medium Hex Pad...very very hard paint, so only cleaning it really!!

Then two coats of Authentic..one in the afternoon..one on the following morning

Came up well:

69a2016566058dd2d8e4d161e2fc332e_zpsfc73

ba8f8fc26548e1f056506cad4e354c79_zps740b

f4143580a03f25cb11e883c03ca0c746_zps0d03

• Like 1

I had a little problem with Authentic, when I woke the morning after application I had what looked like mini marring all over the bonnet. turns out it was over application of product. (Thanks ste, chris)

Anyway I started again on the bonnet, washed and lime primed. Then applied authentic premium.

The rest of the car is wearing fusso and authentic premium.

20140714_093937.jpg

20140714_094001.jpg

That's better!

• Like 2

Nice one Carl - definitely some strange and frightening effects to "over-application" it has to be said!

I haven't seen anything like it! But glad that you were able to rectify it easily enough mate!  :thumbup:

Many thanks for popping over with the excess product selection  ;)

Nice one Carl - definitely some strange and frightening effects to "over-application" it has to be said!

I haven't seen anything like it! But glad that you were able to rectify it easily enough mate! :thumbup:

Many thanks for popping over with the excess product selection ;)

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Will be interesting to see how just the authentic premium holds up.

I forgot to mention this time I applied it very thin, and did 1 panel at a time in the shade and buffed after around 2-3 mins cure time.

It worked for me in my conditions.

Advice noted ste, thanks.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention this time I applied it very thin, and did 1 panel at a time in the shade and buffed after around 2-3 mins cure time.

It worked for me in my conditions.

Advice noted ste, thanks.

Not a problem Carl....anytime.  :)

Interesting times with such new products...... they need some trial and error to perfect.

Seems like you have it sorted now for sure..... now get out and enjoy that lovely new car!  :thumbup:

I had a little problem with Authentic, when I woke the morning after application I had what looked like mini marring all over the bonnet. turns out it was over application of product. (Thanks ste, chris)

Anyway I started again on the bonnet, washed and lime primed. Then applied authentic premium.

The rest of the car is wearing fusso and authentic premium.

20140714_093937.jpg

20140714_094001.jpg

That's better!

Pray tell...what does `lime primed` mean?

Many thanks.

Mike.

It's a pre wax cleaners mike with polishing agents.

see link.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/dodo-juice/lime-prime.aspx

Thank you for that, Dinski.

Being as I have a light coloured car I use a sealant (Auto Finesse Tough Coat) rather than a wax. Would this `lime prime` gear still be effective in the same way?

Does it do the same thing as `IPA`?

Regards

Mike.

Thank you for that, Dinski.

Being as I have a light coloured car I use a sealant (Auto Finesse Tough Coat) rather than a wax. Would this `lime prime` gear still be effective in the same way?

Does it do the same thing as `IPA`?

Regards

Mike.

Hi mike.

I stand to be corrected on this, but lime prime is a pre wax cleanser it contains micro abrasives which then help sealant or wax adhere to, leaving the paintwork in its best possible position for a wax.

I would still use an IPA before this.

Sorry, but on another note isn't auto Finesse Tough Coat a solvent-based, Acrylic-Polymer spray on sealant? Much like a sonax QD?

I've not used it but that was my understanding.

If I was you mike I would use AF power seal as your sealant and then use tough coat as a QD.

Any excuse to use this stuff...

My sisters corsa wearing a coat of authentic premium!

20140714_153456.jpg

20140714_153503_1.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry, but on another note isn't auto Finesse Tough Coat a solvent-based, Acrylic-Polymer spray on sealant? Much like a sonax QD?

I've not used it but that was my understanding.

If I was you mike I would use AF power seal as your sealant and then use tough coat as a QD.

Oh dear...I am grateful, Dinski, but I'm finding this so very confusing.

Can I get down to basics...

For my normal day to day regime I wash and finish with a QD (Citrus Bling) and every other time I use BSD instead.

Now, twice a year (Spring and Autumn) I remove all the coatings in the usual way (detox, clay, Iron X etc) then I add AF Tough Prep using a DA (Which I believe is as good as a polish to make it shine) then a coat of AF Tough Coat by hand.

What I'm finding so confusing is...bearing all that in mind, where should the `Lime Prime` and the IPA` come in?

I'd be grateful if you could attempt to alleviate my confusion somewhat!

Many Thanks.

Mike.

After polishing Mike ...before Tough Coat

Lime Prime is a Cleaner and Paintwork Preparation product

I use Lime Dodo Juice Prime Light which contains no abrasives at all.I find it preps the paintwork really well prior to Wax or sealant LSP