Bonnet Bra's

I want to fit one of these to my car in order to protect it from the stone chip or two, like to keep the car as clean as possible for as long as possible. Any recommendations or people that have fitted them before. I know on some vehicles they suit, others don't and are not to everyone's tastes however I just want to stop the stone chips from ruining the paint. :)

Bonnet Bras should only be fitted temporarily, if a small piece of grit gets between the bra and the bonnet it will cause irreversible damage to the paint. I'd not bother myself and just budget for repainting once too many chips are present.  The whole front end is exposed to stones, not just the bonnet.

• Like 1

Had genuine VW R line bra's on a couple of Golf mkiv's, & they are a bit marmite, but if you get one it's absolutely essential to wash it regularily or you will  get grit gathering under it which will scratch the paint.

Edited by pauldazzle

Sorry to highjack but I just love the teeth on that car....wonder if anybody would mind if someone was to say ...copy it.... :notme:

Go for it bud - just don't commit crime whilst driving around in your car or you'll have me chasing you down, as well as the old bill! ;)

• Like 1

Don't I've just seen a thread about the removal of it on a car which had it on previously and it had seriously damaged the paint!

So you've never removed it? Was it genuine plasti-dip? applied properly? to sound original paintwork? I have done and seen loads of removals with no problems.

Doesn't say which coating it was, doesn't say if it was applied properly and no idea what the paint was like before it was dipped.

I will carry on dipping :)