Taylor93's Mk1 VRS

Taylor93

It will be fun trying to beat the MK1 vRS owners running the 1.9TDIs...Taylor is one of them :devil:

Power wise, that car is completely stock.

So will be interesting as he's never been on track before.

• Like 1

Alas poor Fabia, I knew her well!

So i started off with the toughest job, the Front Console/Wishbone bushes, 1st bolts (goes through wishbone into the console) bang! sheered off after 1/2" of extraction, that was at about 2:30. by the time i ground it down, drilled it partially (cordless drill died) then dug out the STS Drill from the shed then drilled it out, then drove to work to grab my box of taps, then tapped it (and the remnants of the old bolt spun out!!  :dance:  :rock: )

So it went from this:

20140815_152109_zpsnoxlvmal.jpg

To this:

20140815_191023_zpswndqdu0c.jpg

Which im really proud of, doing it with basic power tools and a set of drill and taps i was able to do it, i didnt have precision mills or drills, they were just ordinary tools, and best of all when it was back on the car it held torque really well and didnt feel like the thread was going to give. Heck i think i did a better job than the machine shop at work would have! :D especially as it was a steel bolt in Aluminium.

In the mean time i had also removed the other side. then smashed the old bushes out, new ones in fine and dandy.

However by this point it started to get dark, i hadnt had dinner and kept going (big mistake)

The Fabia is currently sat on axle stands with only one side on the rear complete, i realised i had fitted the strut on the rear before the coil at which point i realised making mistakes like that was risky. so it was time to call it a night.

Unfortunately it means it wont be ready for tomorrow!

Alas poor Fabia, I knew her well!

So i started off with the toughest job, the Front Console/Wishbone bushes, 1st bolts (goes through wishbone into the console) bang! sheered off after 1/2" of extraction, that was at about 2:30. by the time i ground it down, drilled it partially (cordless drill died) then dug out the STS Drill from the shed then drilled it out, then drove to work to grab my box of taps, then tapped it (and the remnants of the old bolt spun out!! :dance::rock: )

So it went from this:

20140815_152109_zpsnoxlvmal.jpg

To this:

20140815_191023_zpswndqdu0c.jpg

Which im really proud of, doing it with basic power tools and a set of drill and taps i was able to do it, i didnt have precision mills or drills, they were just ordinary tools, and best of all when it was back on the car it held torque really well and didnt feel like the thread was going to give. Heck i think i did a better job than the machine shop at work would have! :D especially as it was a steel bolt in Aluminium.

In the mean time i had also removed the other side. then smashed the old bushes out, new ones in fine and dandy.

However by this point it started to get dark, i hadnt had dinner and kept going (big mistake)

The Fabia is currently sat on axle stands with only one side on the rear complete, i realised i had fitted the strut on the rear before the coil at which point i realised making mistakes like that was risky. so it was time to call it a night.

Unfortunately it means it wont be ready for tomorrow!

Gutting Taylor, at least you're doing all the work yourself! It's never easy when you get these unexpected issues on a limited time scale and fitting it all around work but you seem to be doing well! Keep it up and the car will be back to it's best very soon! :)
  • Like 1

Gutting Taylor, at least you're doing all the work yourself! It's never easy when you get these unexpected issues on a limited time scale and fitting it all around work but you seem to be doing well! Keep it up and the car will be back to it's best very soon! :)

One more day and she would be done, washed (needs it) and ready for the track.....

One more day! :(

• Like 1

Getting an early night tonight, then will start a slow and relaxed pace tomorrow to finish the car, heck ive got til combe now so its no rush....

ill just put it off until the night before XD

• Like 4

Suspensions all fitted, need to bleed the brakes and put all the trim like arch liners back in! lol

started at just after 10am, so less than an hour and its almost finished!

• Like 2

Suspensions all fitted, need to bleed the brakes and put all the trim like arch liners back in! lol

started at just after 10am, so less than an hour and its almost finished!

It always makes much more sense when you're more awake! :) good work mate :)
  • Like 3

cheers folks,

Just wondering if anyone wants to buy some AP Coilovers.....

Bit muddy, All the AP Coil over labels have rubbed off, 100k gentle rally miles....

ignore the VW OEM Logos, its legit... Honest guv' £600

20140817_114151_zps0fbcblwc.jpg

:notme:

cheers folks,

Just wondering if anyone wants to buy some AP Coilovers.....

Bit muddy, All the AP Coil over labels have rubbed off, 100k gentle rally miles....

ignore the VW OEM Logos, its legit... Honest guv' £600

20140817_114151_zps0fbcblwc.jpg

:notme:

Were they fitted to my last van? :notme: