My Race Blue Rapid Sport/Now Rejected.

A little point re cleaning  Silver and the platin gray will look buch better with a sealant before the wax, makes them stand out more.  Always use the sealant first (EGP) before the waxing, seals wont bond on top of a wax but a wax WILL sit on top of a sealant.   I use AG  EGP followed with Collinite 845.

Edited by MarkRawlinson52
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

A bit of an update on this car(seperate from the fuel consumption thread)

As of Friday just gone I have officially rejected this car. The process will take up to 8 weeks to complete. Skoda UK have been with me all the way on this and are very understanding and helpful. It is now in the hands of VWFS as its there car. They are now investigating everything and will approach the dealer to see if they are willing to take it back. It's still there now just entering its 3rd week of the 3rd time.

The dealer isn't clearly following Skoda Techs requirements for a fix here. After it having a new tank sender unit and a new instrument cluster Skoda have now said replace the interior wiring loom from a donor car. I've heard today via Skoda UK that they are only replacing the connectors/plugs that plug into the sender unit and instrument cluster. If that fails they will replace the loom.

Clearly they don't want to or don't know how to replace the loom as clearly the plug connectors aren't going to do a thing.

I have stated I don't want it back as I don't trust it and will probably be a rattle box now. I stated I don't want a like for like either but will if I have to choose another model but would prefer to walk away altogether as I have my Citigo still.

It's very sad as I liked the Sport and its colour which I chose. It is tempting to try another but I'm not sure.

I will update here now so will give people an insight into new car rejection. It's a first for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Short update:

Each individual wiring connector are being replaced one at a time then roadtest.

So far unsuccessful [emoji107][emoji19]

Pathetic [emoji19]

Two and a half weeks so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update to bore you with.

They've now had it one month [emoji15]

Skoda tech are near exhausted of ideas apparently to a solution. It's still the same so now the factory is involved with it and are telling them to check all earth points in the vehicle. Bit of a joke as they were told to do this 2 weeks ago. I'm still having to pay for this car even though I haven't seen it for a month. I've been onto SUK and VWFS to hurry this up as I want to be rid of it ASAP.

The dealers are willing to take it back but don't want to be financially penalised for it. But who cares as I don't either. It's there problem not mine.

More boring news to come soon [emoji57]

Anyway I'm enjoying my Citigo and it's great mpg. Simplicity is far better [emoji16]

To my joy it's going very soon. Just needs final words from SUK to VWFS on Monday to complete my rejection.

I took all my belongings out of it today at the dealers and it's in a sorry state. I will be very glad it's gone [emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16]

Back to my trusty Citigo [emoji4]

To my joy it's going very soon. Just needs final words from SUK to VWFS on Monday to complete my rejection.

I took all my belongings out of it today at the dealers and it's in a sorry state. I will be very glad it's gone [emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16]

Back to my trusty Citigo [emoji4]

RIP Bluey. :( I had a Citigo as a courtesy car once. I hated it haha, purely personal taste but I felt like I was in a shoebox. Always hated small cars, think it's my pride as a woman not wanting to fit into the demographic of 'woman driving small car cos she can't park' so when they see a 20 something woman in a relatively big, sporty (ish) looking car, parallel Parking into a tiny space (for some reason I can park so much better than I could in the Fabia, maybe because it's not so damn high) they can look in shock and awe. Haha.

But anyway, sucks you had to reject it, I loved the blue.

I'm very pleased that the rejection is going smoothly. It is a shame it had to come to this, but definitely better that you are shot of it.

Don't write the Rapid range off altogether, I'm fairly confident your lemon was an isolated incident. But, if you do move on from Skoda (and VAG) pleas promise me one thing:

For gods sake don't but a Peugeot or Citroen - if you do, you will learn the true meaning of pain, suffering and frustration.

Thanks everyone and yes Chris I certainly know where you're coming from there.

The SE Sport loan Spaceback I have is a great car with lots of extras. I would have one in Race Blue [emoji6]but something is telling me to avoid them at the moment. They did want to get me another brand new Sport identical to the trouble one but I rejected that offer too.

Sad. Very sad [emoji17] but I do love my Citigo Sport [emoji4]

That's ok Chris.

I have a genuine Media holder like the one pictured.

1789c03152248051aeb4ea3f068febfb.jpg

Possibly whole rubber mat set (genuine)

Rubber boot mat (genuine )

Not removed from vehicle yet.

Brand new unused Rapid lanyard and matching keyring.

Will put in For Sale section soon.

Stormchaser, on 11 Feb 2015 - 17:42, said:

The end is near [emoji106]

Great news [emoji4]

Stormchaser - Soon someone, somewhere, is going to buy your unfortunate blue lemon.

Any chance you can put the VIN up on here so that Brisky members or readers don't make that error?

Edited by camelspyyder

After much thought I'm thinking that I want the loan Spaceback I have as a replacement for the other as it's an SE Sport with lots of extras but it's just the Green colour [emoji57]

I guess it'll grow on me. I'll have to chat with them on Monday about this.

It's also a 64 plate with 3300 miles and it's 100% perfect.

We'll wait and see.

As for the green Spaceback - do it, the colour is great and as you say, it's straight and running right.

Once I got over the niggles with my one (which were entirely down to the morons at the dealership I bought it from) I have really come to enjoy it.

What sort of fuel consumption are you getting?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Thanks Chris[emoji4]

This ones doing well in the 3 weeks I've had it. It's getting around 45mpg but I haven't been keeping records of it so it's a rough calculation.

As you know loan cars are the fastest [emoji6]