Wheels for the vRS, options.

Hi chaps.

Being a bit lazy here but in an effort to save lots of thread hunting time, would you be kind enough to show pics of your vRS if you have either the Pictoris or Gemini Silver fitted?

It's another one of those 'not too sure' things (along with body colour)

Thanks all.

Nice one Mr Goldfinger, thank you.

How's the finish on them? The Anthracite ones are pretty good IMHO.

The finish ain't bad actually I'm not a real fan of Anthicite/black wheels

I think the anthracite suit certain body colours better than others hence my question. Although I'm not far of finalising my 'dream vRS' as far as engine, transmission, interior doodads etc., it's the body / wheels that I just need to bottom.

Glad to read the finish is ok, I was mortified by the thin, wishy washy finish on my Scirocco.

Although I'm not far of finalising my 'dream vRS' as far as engine, transmission, interior doodads etc., it's the body / wheels that I just need to bottom.

It thought you already had one? :|

Neily03, I do indeed have one but it was a purchase to suit a need at the time. It was a cancelled order that I could have immediately and it got me round the long waiting list so I was more than happy to take it at the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great car but the spec isn't exactly how I want it, now I have lived with her for seven months, I am sure the vRS Combi will suit all my needs size wise, the engine is great too but I want to spec my own one now.

Wouldn't have even considered it but a recent PPI claim has delivered a bit more than I expected plus I'm going to sell my Beemer (bike) to assist in the funding towards the end of the term.

I'm asking a lot of questions on the forum at the moment but that's because my next vRS has to be a 'keeper' so I want it to be as right as finances will allow.

Tank you CharleyB, the look really good.

Hmm, now pondering.

No worries Mence, good luck with picking out your ideal vRS, a word of warning on the pictoris wheels, they are not the best to clean as they have those thin slits in the spokes and are hard to get in properly, and they seem to be a magnet for brake dust!

No worries Mence, good luck with picking out your ideal vRS, a word of warning on the pictoris wheels, they are not the best to clean as they have those thin slits in the spokes and are hard to get in properly, and they seem to be a magnet for brake dust!

That is the only down side to them I reckon, I think they suit the vRS really well. Best be keeping an eye out for a narrow wheel cleaning brush, just in case!

That is the only down side to them I reckon, I think they suit the vRS really well. Best be keeping an eye out for a narrow wheel cleaning brush, just in case!

I use armor all wheel shield to stop the brake dust, it is really good stuff. Used it for over a year now and brake dust takes along time to build up.

• Like 1

Carbon ceramic wheel sealer is another alternative to coat them with (its supposed to last 2 years). A Dooka sheepskin wheel pad is an option you could try to get in the small gaps- I've found it far better than anybrush for getting at the awkward bits. A set of wheel woolies sorts the rest out too.

• Like 2

RJSvRS, blimey, never seen them in black, she looks a beast, thank you for posting.

Is that a factory option or something you have had done yourself?

Once again, how is the finish on them holding up or is it too soon to tell?

I wanted black wheels and didn't like the anthacite colour as i thought they didn't look clean even on new showroom cars. I went for the silver pictoris and then had then painted five minths ago. the finish is really good so far although the design if the wheels with the narrow "spoke" cap can be a pain to clean.

Big gaps in spokes are so much easier to clean/live with. I prefer the look of the gemini's over the pictoris, but that is quite a personal opinion, as others obviously like them the other way. Knowing they will be easier to clean helps sway it for me!

Thanks chaps, agreed re wheel cleaning.

I liked the ones I had on my Scirocco, it was just the disproportionately large amount of time you had to spend cleaning them.

The Geminis are easy to maintain especially for someone like me who likes a clean car but can't devote hours a week to it. The Pictoris I fancy purely because I have Geminis on my current one but not I guess silver ones, hmm.

Still, it's another bit of fun to have with the configurator, again...

and again...

and again...

I have the stock VRS wheels in Anthracite - these are now my winter set of alloys and tyres.

I have the matt black Turini alloys with summer tyres.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo%202.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo%201.JPG

Mence,

Seem to remember you liking Skoda's own Turini Black Alloys, as your preference ,weeks after you took ownership of the vRS.

Thought that the missus put the mockers on that.

So why the change now?

I have the stock VRS wheels in Anthracite - these are now my winter set of alloys and tyres.

I have the matt black Turini alloys with summer tyres.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo%202.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97955923/photo%201.JPG

Many thanks mate, they look really good, bet ya pleased?

Mence,

Seem to remember you liking Skoda's own Turini Black Alloys, as your preference ,weeks after you took ownership of the vRS.

Thought that the missus put the mockers on that.

So why the change now?

This is true but like any of the wheels in this thread, one may suit a particular body colour better than another, well, to me at least.

I have a short list of body colours (missus approved) and it's a case of getting the best look when combined with the wheels.

• Like 1