Apr stage one remap on my tsi vrs

Having tried the dtuk tuning box I decided the try the Apr stage one remap. Just had it done today and had rolling Road dine before and after.

Waiting on graphs being emailed to me as shops printer wasn't working.

242bhp and 258lb ft before map. Went for the 95 Ron map as was told this would be safer, result was 308bhp and 400 lb ft torque. Intake temps were high so car was holding back power, Apr tell me another 15 to 20bhp once ecu and intake temps settle on the road.

Car was fast before and always pulled strongly. Only had a motorway journey of about 30miles on the map then hit traffic. Will be going for a good run tonight so will report back on how she goes. 6th gear almost pulls as strong as forth now with the extra tq.

Cost was £600 for the remap and dyno, Apr still have their 20 percent summer sale. Took around 1hr 15mins in total and first done in Northern Ireland apparently.

• Like 4

Was the before remap dyno with the car back to stock or with the dtuk box still fitted?

Also, can you explain the doings with the 'safer 95 Ron remap' please? Running on 95 Ron  will save a few pounds each fill up which is handy, does the car risk damage if mapped to 98 and not given it?   Also what does a 95 Ron mapped car do on premium go go juice?

Do keep us informed as the car beds  in please.

Was the before remap dyno with the car back to stock or with the dtuk box still fitted?

Also, can you explain the doings with the 'safer 95 Ron remap' please? Running on 95 Ron  will save a few pounds each fill up which is handy, does the car risk damage if mapped to 98 and not given it?   Also what does a 95 Ron mapped car do on premium go go juice?

Do keep us informed as the car beds  in please.

Neiln, if you remap a car to 98 or 99 Ron fuel, thats what it must be given and sometimes, its not available.  I don't know about this APR remap but cars I've previously owned with full fuel remap ran RAF if you gave them shopping petrol, not sure it would have broke anything but, it was so god-aweful to drive you didn't do unless you absolutely had no choice.

Are the figures at the wheels or crank?

I've never known of anybody in the whole engine tuning market advertise with the lower "at the wheels" figures, why would APR not use the headline number ?

• Like 1

Must be at the crank. If it was at the wheels then at the crank figure would be over 350bhp just from a remap

Some Mk7 GTIs with the same tune are approaching 350hp! I've personally seen a stock GTI put down 162kw at the wheels. 

Edited by goranl

So has anyone heard or seen from Parsley since his weekend night run down the country roads in the wet? I'm eagerly awaiting report of week one with the remap. I hope it hasn't involved a spin off said wet country road due to too much power in a fwd car with no LSD...

vi). At the speed he was travelling he was mistaken for a Ukranian fighter jet and was shot down by non-Russian pro-Russian rebels who have not been supported, financed and encouraged by Russia, and who definately did not have access to, possess or use a BUK AA guided missile launcher to do so. Any pictures, videos, satellite images or testimonies saying othewise are pure Western propoganda, even if probability is >99.999%.

Brilliant

• Like 1

I reckon 3 or 7 are most likely, although if I disappear soon or die from Polonium 210 poisoning then 6 will be a distinct possibility.

My money is on some combination of numbers 2 and 5  :p

Hi guys, I have decided to be another maniac :) APR stage I installed just two days back...I'm just smiling every time second and third gear starts to pull...having so much fun now! I had great deal ~500 pound. APR offered, that if I let my car to be presented on some local car festival they will provide 50% discount on brand APR air intake.  

I thought this might make owners grin permanently! :) sounds like a lot of fun!

I know that intake is expensive, but it really does look like a work of art. Just did the baffle removal mod on my airbox.