Thank you and feedback for 2014 National

ColinD

To be honest, Colin, I for one wouldn't baulk at paying an entrance fee, even if it was, for example, £10 per car

300 cars @ £10 per car = £3000

It would be interesting to see if everyone who attended this year was a Freedom member or not

I know it is a right not to be, but to contribute nothing to the site, then make no contribution to a national meet......no-one should expect everything for nothing these days

I have t agree with you on this, I joined this forum, saw it was a good place and that I would be staying for the foreseeable future and bought Freedom, you have to give something back somewhere along the lines.

I wouldn't mind giving a tenner at the gate at all, the 2014 meet was a great day out and if I'm not at work Ill be there next year. If I had an engine in my car I'd have been on the track but I wouldn't want to be on there with a 1.2.

Does anyone do RC car racing? Anyone with a van full of RC cars that can go to a pad of concrete, set up and provide fun at a competitive level?

• Like 1

I think Blyton could work again over a 2 day thing, with perhaps a little more advanced planning, greater mailshotting of the general membership, and time to get more and more to do there. :)

I enjoyed being able to walk the track on the saturday evening, although I was slightly intoxicated with a bottle of Starorpramen in my hand :D  Camping side was great.  Trackday which I was basically 100% focussed on the whole day worked incredibly well.  I regret not getting tuition now.  I simply forgot about it. :(

It would be pretty cool to be able to show up on a Friday evening, camp over, Saturday is some kind of show with stuff to do / social, Camp again, maybe a few beers :D Trackday Sunday and repeat of some saturday's stuff for perhaps people who can only make one of the days, then camp sunday for those that want to and leave Monday morning.  :thumbup:  That would be an awesome weekend.

• Like 4

Location, Location, Location. The week or so before I nipped up to FortWilliam; you know after the lakes bbq, to do some climbing/blow off steam. Met an old guy in the pub in the week. He asked me ::

where are you from then? 

I began life in Stirling sir.  ( trying to make out I'm a fellow scot )

Oh a southerner then.

Well maybe, then got shipped to England.

a sassenach then.

Well yes, mums Irish if it helps, Dads english, so I can support almost any nation in rugby.  ( lets be positive on this )

a mongrel then.

Kind of wished I'd started on I came from star dust.

But you DID ????

Da

Location, Location, Location. The week or so before I nipped up to FortWilliam; you know after the lakes bbq, to do some climbing/blow off steam. Met an old guy in the pub in the week. He asked me ::

where are you from then? 

I began life in Stirling sir.  ( trying to make out I'm a fellow scot )

Oh a southerner then.

Well maybe, then got shipped to England.

a sassenach then.

Well yes, mums Irish if it helps, Dads english, so I can support almost any nation in rugby.

Sounds a bit like me: my parents are both English, my Mum's father was Scottish, my Dad's Father was Welsh and it is thought there is a bit of Irish in there too. Dilemma for the six nations!

Anyway I apologise for being a little late but wish to place on record my thanks to all involved with organising and staffing the meet at Blyton. It was a fabulous day out, great fun to watch and also good to see a decent turnout.

Dave

• Like 1

Oh finally, a better name than briskoda national. fest, social, annual go on be creative, I'm exhausted ;)

To start the ball rolling:

“Brisky’s annual Natter, Noggin & Networking”

“Super Skodas’ Spectacular Shindig”

Colin and all involved, very big thank you for your time, effort and heart put into organising this excellent event.

I have next to no suggestions for improvement as I liked it a lot.

My only gripe was inability to get Super Unleaded anywhere near. Directions provided on the briefing room was made for somebody with much better memory that mine or requiring a qualified rally pilot ;) - so I missed a bit of track time as my vRS was rather hungry! Jerry cans next time for me!

The best bit for me, even though due to logistics I could not take full advantage of it was the fact that it was accessible to families with kids! Don't forget that anybody younger than 16 is not allowed on tracks in UK to my knowledge.

Had it not been August I personally would have been able to secure another three/four track day enthusiasts - all way away on holidays sadly...

Location in terms of travel times for many people was a good compromise.

As a suggestion, would it be possible to invite other VAG family brands? Get VAG official support, get motoring press/tv interested? This could make it more attractive to sponsors etc. I would not mind paying a tenner for attendance. Perhaps a timed format like HowFast? could be possible?

Question - in case I missed it, official vids/photos available yet?

Edited by Jabozuma

• Administrators

Peter and Johnny doing the video are doing it FOC, so no rushing on the delivery as work and life in the mix.

I've seen a review short, so that should be soon.

Timing, yeah... eluded to knowing that was a duff choice earlier for reasons as stated.

Good feedback and I'm almost recharged to tackle 2015 pre planing. Co-op days are the way forward to secure more interest. If onlyto look at other marques engineering, fair to say we'reopen minded enough to respect good spannering regardless of colour or marque.

• Like 1

Location was fine, a weekend meet with camping both nights would be perfect.

There are loads of things we could do, including hiring a rock band for the evening.

I know a biker club that has their own marquee, I can enquire as to a price to borrow it for the weekend and as others have said, I would gladly pay for a ticket.