LED rear light question

Function is the same... they're still just rear lights.  The different is that the LEDs give a crisp shape to the light.  Have a look in the brochure - pretty sure there's a picture in there.

And as has been pointed out elsewhere, it's only the rear lights that are LED, not the indicators/brake/reverse/fog lights.

Function is the same... they're still just rear lights. The different is that the LEDs give a crisp shape to the light. Have a look in the brochure - pretty sure there's a picture in there.

And as has been pointed out elsewhere, it's only the rear lights that are LED, not the indicators/brake/reverse/fog lights.

Brake lights are also LED.

Thanks for the replies. Brochure pic doesn't show the two together so difficult to assess difference, although I have subsequently found a post that shows the two side by side. I didn't think it made it worth £150, but if brake lights are led then I think that changes things as I've noticed on other cars they light up instantly compared to ordinary filament bulbs that take a (albeit very short) time to heat up. May well spec them!

May well spec them!

Can you order them without the Xenons?  Or are you going for those too?

And out of interest, who is your chosen dealer (if you don't mind me asking)...?

I tried to order the LEDs, which were a standalone option on the 2014 model, but my car will be a 15 and it's now only available as part if a $4000 package. So I got the Canton instead.

• Like 1

I tried to order the LEDs, which were a standalone option on the 2014 model, but my car will be a 15 and it's now only available as part if a $4000 package. So I got the Canton instead.

Canton rocks, and superskoda already sell the LED Taillights. So if you really want them, you can buy them off there and get someone with a vagcom cable to enable them when you install.

Are you on VWWatercooled forums? Here has way more technical info, but VWW is great as a local resource. There is even a skoda thread!

Wiggo, no I'm not planning on going for the xenons. Don't know who dealer will be as I'm getting it on contract hire so unfortunately not likely to be my local dealer Blade (are they your local dealer too?)

my drivers side rear led has had to be replaced ,,,,,,the top row and bottom row had stopped working but fixed under warranty..........

on a different note !.....had an e mail from shark saying there rear exhaust for the diesel is just about ready

• Like 1

Wiggo, no I'm not planning on going for the xenons. Don't know who dealer will be as I'm getting it on contract hire so unfortunately not likely to be my local dealer Blade (are they your local dealer too?)

Blade are my local dealer... but they're useless.  I'm getting mine from Winner Garage in Cinderford.  They've been absolutely brilliant so far - best car dealer I've ever dealt with by such a huge margin.