Briskoda at Brands Hatch - season closer - 3rd November

BossFox

I'm hoping to stay in Grays/Basildon on the Sunday night, will still need to be up early though as the Datrford crossing will probably be a 'mare.

In my experience it starts to get busy around 7:15am.

From about half an hour before that it'll just delay you by 10 minutes or so.

As long as you hit it by 7:30am you should be fine and arrive at Brands around 8:15am.

I've booked the same hotel. Would only take one numpty to cause an accident on the M25 and make me miss the briefing! It's 8.5 miles from the track so about 15-20 minutes drive.

Edit: Richard that's a lot of cameras! What's happening to them after the trackday?

Edited by vrsTom

I've booked the same hotel. Would only take one numpty to cause an accident on the M25 and make me miss the briefing! It's 8.5 miles from the track so about 15-20 minutes drive.

Edit: Richard that's a lot of cameras! What's happening to them after the trackday?

But you don't need to use the M25 ;)

But you don't need to use the M25 ;)

I know, bonus! Would've done if I'd been staying north of the river though, so £40 isn't too bad for a shorter drive in the morning and much less chance of getting stuck in traffic.

• Like 1

Is it worth taking an extra set of brake pads to bh just in case or not?

If you have 50% or more material left on the pads I wouldn't bother, if less than that then it might be worth taking a cheap spare set of pads just in case. If you have 30% material or less I'd seriously consider replacing them before the trackday and doing a few road miles to bed them in before going on track.

• Like 1

If you have 50% or more material left on the pads I wouldn't bother, if less than that then it might be worth taking a cheap spare set of pads just in case. If you have 30% material or less I'd seriously consider replacing them before the trackday and doing a few road miles to bed them in before going on track.

This. If you need new ones desperately, then change then well before brands and do some road miles with some stops to bed them in.

I did a TD with a set of not very bedded in pads and cooked them very quickly.

See about a set of Mintex 1144s. Wouldn't suggest going Ferrodo if you're getting not sure on keeping it.

Long as it isn't brakes being done last minute.

I need to get my tyres fitted to wheels, then I'll be pretty ready.

An oil change might be a benefit.... certainly the sodding CEL for a coolant temp sensor or stat would be a good thing to get fixed.... but it seems fine right now.

Long as it isn't brakes being done last minute.

I need to get my tyres fitted to wheels, then I'll be pretty ready.

An oil change might be a benefit.... certainly the sodding CEL for a coolant temp sensor or stat would be a good thing to get fixed.... but it seems fine right now.

Whistles innocently not pondering the brake changes being completed next week......

Be well worn in by then though.... even if I have to drive to Scotland and back braking every 5 minutes. Be like normal trip on M25 anyway ;)

• Like 1

Whistles innocently not pondering the brake changes being completed next week......

Be well worn in by then though.... even if I have to drive to Scotland and back braking every 5 minutes. Be like normal trip on M25 anyway ;)

Town driving should be okay, but it's better to use the procedure your pad makers suggest.

Timetable:

07:30 Signing On

08:30 Briefing

09:00 Track Time Begins

12:00 Lunch

13:00 Track Time Restarts

16:00 Track Time Ends

People going:

1. BossFox - Paid

2. BJB540 -  Paid(+camera)

3. Taylor93 - Paid(+camera)

4. AlexJ (GTROC) - Paid

5. sibart - Paid

6. hardcorehobbit - Deposit Paid(+camera)

7. Dark_Hero - Paid

8. Skoda_Saint - Paid

9. Soot1e - Paid

10. danny6189 - Paid(+camera)

11. SkippyVRS - Paid

12. vrsTom - Paid

13. Gee Man - Paid

14. Tomocta - Paid

15. Evil Miyagi - Paid(+camera)

16. MoneyHungry - Paid

17. Antz101(GTROC) - Paid

Quick reminder to those that have only paid the deposit, the balance is due by this Friday please. :)

EDITED for recent payments.