Black edition

tin0

Evening all just thought I'd pop over to the citigo section to say hi, as I'm now the owner of a nice new black edition!

It's a bit of a change in size from the octavia but quiet fun. I'm even thinking about getting rid of my other octavia (yeh I had 2) for another citigo.

Will try to get a pic of it on here later when I get a minute.

Also other than a movable boot floor or a spare wheel what are other people using to stop heavier items falling into the spare wheel recess?

• Like 1

A2C3B57A-E00F-4034-9500-FB4DC5FF198D_zps

Well that's the only pic I managed to get tonight between the missus going to work and sorting the little devils (I mean darling children out)!!

I need to resist the urge to modify it already though haha. But I think one modified skoda in the family is enough. The little citigo is me trying to be a little more sensible in my old age.

Going to give it a good coat of wax at the weekend as the dealer detail has already left some very minor swirl marks in the paint. Just hope I don't regret getting a black car.

• Like 4

A2C3B57A-E00F-4034-9500-FB4DC5FF198D_zps

Going to give it a good coat of wax at the weekend as the dealer detail has already left some very minor swirl marks in the paint. Just hope I don't regret getting a black car.

Congrats for you new car. It looks mean. I had an black octavia for 10 months and it was a night mare to keep clean. It did look great once its cleaned and polished.

Enjoy your new car...

Pse can you tell me (as dealer couldn't!): does the Black edition have lowered suspension, leather steering wheel, aircon, electric windows and mirrors? Thank you in anticipation.

Pse can you tell me (as dealer couldn't!): does the Black edition have lowered suspension, leather steering wheel, aircon, electric windows and mirrors? Thank you in anticipation.

Hi I'm not sure about the lowered suspension but I can answer all the others.

Leather steering wheel = no

Air con = yes

Electric windows = yes

Electric mirrors = no

Hope this helps. When I get a spare 10 mins I will get some pics of the inside.

Hi I'm not sure about the lowered suspension but I can answer all the others.

Leather steering wheel = no

Air con = yes

Electric windows = yes

Electric mirrors = no

Hope this helps. When I get a spare 10 mins I will get some pics of the inside.

Hi,

It hasnt got lowered suspension. It only comes with Sports or now Monte Carlo and GT models or you pay extra for getting it lowered while factory odering the car.

The black editions are based on SE so you can configure CitiGo SE on Skoda UK site and see the interior pictures.

Thanks, tin0 and saurabhdutt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that cars for Ireland have a different spec to UK cars, at least they do for Yetis!

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It hasnt got lowered suspension. It only comes with Sports or now Monte Carlo and GT models or you pay extra for getting it lowered while factory odering the car.

The black editions are based on SE so you can configure CitiGo SE on Skoda UK site and see the interior pictures.

Edit: replied too quick, didn't read your post properly. Apologies.

Seems strange to have a special edition without some features like leather steering wheel and gear gait or, but i have to say it's pretty cool looking!

Edited by Camlep

Hi All, I was offered a citigo black a few months ago instead of my already ordered Citigo Monte Carlo.

Was so tempted as the car looks so sweet all in black, but I stuck to my guns and now only a few weeks away from taking delivery of the MC.

Had a black ford puma sport, spect every night cleaning it, enjoy. :notme: 

Ha! I know what you mean jamesbrett, I have worked in the motor trade for over 10 years and only after leaving last year, have I actually bought my own car.

When I set off buying, I said I wouldn't buy a Black one but the deal is just too good lol, 0% Finance on PCP, free servicing and it looks sweet! I put my Polo in part exchange and it came out at £87.00 per month!

I'd have loved a Monte Carlo in Red but I couldn't justify the extra £1860 it would have cost me more lol.

Shaun

Edited by fretwanger

Cracking little car. I'm finding mine more comfortable, quiter and a better gear selector. The gearbox doesn't seem to rattle like my 2012 Elegance used to either. One thing I have done is to paint the brake drums black and rear wheel arches plus the brake callipers - just finished it off nicely - especially the grey brake drums which look odd. The improved sound system is so worth having too. I actually prefer it to my Elegance Green Tech (75) - I've only done 400 miles but it's just as nippy and just as economical. It's nice to not have to put my foot on the Clutch to start it and I definitely don't miss the stop/start. I do miss the heated seats but I can live without them. The higher ride height gives a nicer ride and I'm wondering if the headlight reflectors have been changed as I'm sure the headlights on dip are brighter. It doesn't seem to have the same road noise in the wet from the back end - am wondering if the wheel arch coating is thicker. There are subtle changes all over and am so glad I went for another. £500 deposit - £120 a month - no interest - free servicing - what's not to like? I've also noticed that the alternator covers that were omitted from some of the earlier cars (and deemed not necessary) are now fitted on all of the new ones.

Edited by Crista

Here's mine with the painted wheel drums, callipers and chrome strips.

DSC00036_zpsenx8zjht.jpg

Looks nice B)

Do you have a closer picture of the painted drums and arches? And also the front calipers? Thinking of doing at least the drums myself.