Black edition

tin0

Looks very nice :thumbup: The drums particularly are a big improvement over the funny grey colour.

Not so easy to see but I also sprayed the interior of the wheel arches too which looks better. The factory finish under there is more primer than topcoat (or it was on mine) and it looks much better painted properly black. Edited by Crista

Look even better if they gave us all wheel arch liners on our Citigos.

Agreed - that and illuminated window switches (both operable from drivers side) + a boot light and self operating parcel shelf. A few wee things that wouldn't cost the earth that really should be standard.
  • Like 1

I still have a tin of hammerite skoda green off the octavia's calipers.

So tempted to paint them, think it would look good with the black wheels but the only thing putting me off is that I'm not sure about painted drums.

The black looks good though.

Crista

Which primer and paint did you use for the drums, thinking of doing it to mine now I have seen yours.

The original paint is like a light grey primer. As mine is/was new it's still in good condition. I just cleaned it and used Halfords generic gloss black. I thought about using their Very High Temp stuff but I'm not expecting the back drums to get particularly hot. It appears to have given a nice durable finish. If it doesn't work them I'll just rub then down and try something else. For the callipers I did use Calliper black paint. On the inner wheel arches I used the gloss acrylic black. It was only an afternoons work to do the whole lot.
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Crista, think I'll do the same, the grey does look odd, as does the wheel bolt covers which I've changed to gloss black.

Aye - was considering doing the bolt covers next. If I do those it will be with plastic black spray.

Heres a few pictures of my Black Edition now.

I'm not sure if anyone seen my thread on removing the radio, anyway I wrapped a few interior parts in Carbon Orange (put the image at the bottom), finally my stripes arrived so I fitted them on Saturday.

£13.00 all inclusive! I fitted an Orange Philips SpotOn in the boot too, so got the theme running throughout the car :-) I thought about wrapping the mirrors in Orange too but I get the feeling it may be a step too far...

IMG_5875_zpsb5abc383.jpgIMG_5874_zpsaa20c44d.jpgIMG_5859_zpsc73b6a51.jpg

Shaun

• Like 2

Tim1631, you aren't able to spec anything, because it's a special edition it comes as seen. Some other models in the Skoda Black Edition line are available in white though. Can't see the logic.

Edited by redcar_reds

Its based on the SE, so yeah the trim is pretty plain, hence why I wanted to add something to it. The great thing about the steering wheel is that although its not leather, it feels great, its made out of a nice composite material unlike the steering wheels on the 107/C1/Aygo.

Shaun

• 1 month later...

I have painted drums with hamerite.

Also did it on my last Citigo 2yrs ago.

The big improvement is in the wheel arch liners, much quieter even on dry roads also covered inner arches inside boot, did it with grey felt from a scrapped Fabia so it won't get scratched either the grey is same colour as rear seat backs and looks original