430 miles from a tank in VRS

Ant FR

Walterwilson85,

You are right.  if you do short journeys in cold weather and get 25 mpg,  10 gallons, gives 250 miles,

Thrashing it and getting 22 mpg willl just be 220.

But many get an indicated 31.9,  and that will be 320 miles or so.

That can be a mixture of 22-25 mpg,,  and 40-45 mpg, and the average 32 miles for each Gallon.

Some owners know where the accelerator is and how to get the performance and the economy, stay off the brakes and keep the momentum ans speed.

420 Miles from a tank is quite easy to get at speeds that would constantly cost you your licence.

Tyre Brand, Tyre Pressures, Super Unleaded & Oil used all make a big difference with the Twincharger more than any other car i know.

Hmmm well i would say im one of those too but my point to get that sort of mileage i wouldnt say its been hardly driven. Everyones different i suppose

Unfair comment really.

I like to econo drive whenever road conditions are sub-optimal (read pointless and dangerous) for going quick, so that when things open up and I find myself on a good driving road I can use up all those saved MPG's guilt free.  As said above that can mean staying off the brakes, observation, coasting where possible etc to get best economy, but that will naturally balance some of the more spirited driving as a lifetime average.  There may even be some on here that spend 75-80% of their time in econo-commute mode and then take their cars to partake in the summer track season, fancy they know where the loud pedal is.

I think everyone who like me has been able to get high 40's or even 50's from their car giving well over 400 miles per tank would also have to admit (or in my book be telling porkies) that prolonged use of the right boot can see you down in the 12-14mpg range.

The maths therefore on a tank of truly mixed driving are simple, more right foot equals less miles to a tank.

The interesting thing is that it looks like some people on say purely motorway driving at NSL are still getting widely differing MPG.

Maybe a bit hasty i admit but as i said suppose everyone drives there cars differently and power is available when they want. Think it must be i have a heavy right foot..

Everyone is,

so how long have you had your car, how many miles have you done and how many has the car done?

3month. Now 20000. Had 14600 when i got it. I do about 250miles a week. Im always out and about. I will admit i probably could chill out in D a bit more than manual as often

• Like 1

Depends on the roads and traffic conditions too so everybody will have different results.

To be in with a chance of comparing accurately we'd have to drive on the same road at the same time.

My wife's car driven on the local A road commute to town is 16 miles and when clear I an get 50mpg easy hence my last tank of 450 miles!

• Like 1

As Sparkly said.

I know my pedal goes past 1/4 travel.

My car see's over 6k revs at least once a journey (Italian tune up) And when the occasion arises, gets driven hard.

I do mainly motorway and twisty A-road stuff (Snakes Pass is my local playground)

I still get 330-380 miles from a tank.