How to make vRS sound like a GTi

li21

Hi all

I'm sure this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find an answer.

What is it about the gti that has the blip sound when shifting (DSG) that an octavia vrs doesn't?

What's the most cost effective way (without too much modding) to get this sound?

Has anyone done it and have a sample video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a guess but I'd imagine it's done via the ECU and that would require a map or someone with software knowledge.

I agree with this - I think if you look at the DSG remaps available, they all say the do the change down blip when in manual mode. 

The Golf also has a fantstic "Whhhhoooomppph" when changing up under throttle - love that sound :) 

I never knew DSG had it's own mapping.. Can anyone tell me what this costs and whether there are any negative effects on the DSG by remapping it?

Just have a Google - I'm looking at doing it at some point. From what I understand it changes the Manual mode to remove the kick down change and removes any automated changes so you can red line, and some remaps claim to increase shift speed by 20% etc etc. They also remove the software torque limit, so I think you would want to have the gearbox remapped before the ECU.

Could be completely wrong though! :)

HTH

Dave

I never knew DSG had it's own mapping.. Can anyone tell me what this costs and whether there are any negative effects on the DSG by remapping it?

i got the Harding Performance DSG Software Program DQ 250.  this is what u get.....

- Modified torque limiter & torque capacity upgrade 450 – 500nm
 - Modified D - Drive mode for better drivability (gear closely matched to engine load & vehicle speed)
 - The S - Sport program is "lowered" for better usability
 - Faster shift response
 - All new software is based on the newest VAG version
 - Clutch shudder is dramatically reduced
 - Longer life of gearbox & clutch packs, less clutch slip

My DSG blips on the downshift when in sport mode on standard DSG map.

the blips with a dsg tune r too die for!!!!

Interesting!

But does remapping the DSG alone help with gti like up shift "farting" sound?

No, u don't need the dsg tune to get the upshift fart - it does however make it more prominent.

the ecu tune with a downpipe introduces those farts.

• 1 month later...

Recently got my my12 Octavia rs.. I've noticed a very subtle noise on upshift, not sure if it's all in my head.

What mod has a greater effect on the fart sound?

Thanks JR.. Forgive my ignorance, but by down pipe .. Do you mean an exhaust upgrade?

Yes your down pipe is part of your exhaust system. It's the second part of the system located near the front of the car just after the manifold but before your center section so more than likely a straight through down pipe would be also known as a de-cat.

Hope that clears that up a touch.