New polo vs audi a1?

fabiamk2SE

More Polo sized would be a Hyundia i20, or Kia Rio,  VFM and a decent Warranty.

If you want German, then a Spanish car from the VWG is OK.  

But remember when you get a Seat, it needs to be a Keeper, Traded in for another Seat or accept the loss of money if trying to trade in at non Seat Dealers.

EDIT,

PS.

Spare wheels were an Option on Polo's, and you needed to buy a Battery Cover.

No idea with the 2014 Polo Face Lift versions.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I appreciate the hyundai's n kia's, but the chances of my dad spending his money on one of these, well. I heard a good phrase earlier today. Hes more likely to poo in his hands and clap! Lol.

Seats really dont hold their value well then? It will be kept for quite a few years id of thought, so this isnt a massive issue, but its obviously not a good thing.

We need another day out around the dealers dont we!

Is Fabia an option as its now available under 10K with 20% off? You could spend a little more a spec it up.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/fabia-9595/Pages/fabia-9595.aspx?gclid=CLiy_abIzMACFWTHtAodr0cAjg

Or the 1.2tsi 105hp in SE Spec is £13,995

Is Fabia an option as its now available under 10K with 20% off? You could spend a little more a spec it up.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/fabia-9595/Pages/fabia-9595.aspx?gclid=CLiy_abIzMACFWTHtAodr0cAjg

Already got one just like that sat on the drive, apart from different wheels! Haha.

She does like my car, but dont think itd be her first choice. Tempted to wait for the new model tbh, then take a look at that.

• Like 1

Why do people keep saying the A1 can't have a spare wheel!? It's an option to add it and it lives under the boot floor...

I never said it wasnt an option, but that MiL doesnt have one on hers, which was bought as ex demo.

Plus... how much extra are audi wanting for the wheel and jack???

I drove a Getz when they came out first - in 03. loved that car in 1.1l..

seriously spacious - got me plus 4 rather burly passengers in it and it still pulled on without breaking sweat.

the i10 / i20 is pretty much that car in new guise, just updated etc.

Edited by mac11irl

Is she addressing those things and getting them sorted out?

Even though the Dealer might say the Exhaust is not covered under the Warranty,

Hyundai will very likely replace it at their expense.

The Boot needs inspected, and if not damaged by accident that will be put right.

As will the rear seat.

Built to a price.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Is she addressing those things and getting them sorted out?

Even though the Dealer might say the Exhaust is not covered under the Warranty,

Hyundai will very likely replace it at their expense.

The Boot needs inspected, and if not damaged by accident that will be put right.

As will the rear seat.

Built to a price.

The exhaust was replaced around january

It was the front passenger seat because its 3 door and it folds forward for access whatever kept it upright broke and it was just laid flat on the back seats.

The boot has been inspected this week but i havent spoke to her to know what was said

Yep, should get down to £15k through a broker or by using a broker's quote to aid negotiation.

£15.2K for a manual BlueGT 5-door through DtD but without any options.

I've one on order but added quite a few bits so it ended up at £17,940.50 on the road with the 3 year servicing pack, though that will reduce a bit as they've stopped the MirrorLink option now.

Should be getting it sometime in October.

• Like 1

All the best with it.

There is a beauty with VW and Cylinder Deactivation / Cylinder on demand.

They have been building 1.4 TSI for a long time now that go off cylinders, Oiled and burnt out plugs, valves etc.

So they are experienced with 4 cylinder engines getting along without all firing.

Lets hope that the Service Schedule / Guidelines are all sorted out, and if still 40,000 miles like with the NGK as fitted to the Twinchargers.

they get checked & possibly replaced before the Service Schedule.

With the Twincharger, 1 particular Cylinders Plug is very prone to a premature Demise.

Maybe on the 1.4 TSI, ACT / COD this will be one of the Cylinders that Deactivates.

Smart Thinking,  less running, that Cylinders Plug and Coil will last longer.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

Edited by goneoffSKi

I never said it wasnt an option, but that MiL doesnt have one on hers, which was bought as ex demo.

seriously spacious - got me plus 4 rather burly passengers in it and it still pulled on without breaking sweat.

That was one of the things with the mini.

You can have a spare wheel as an optional extra, but it goes underneath the car (like some vans).

As its (okay, I'm going to say it) abit of a ladies car, i cant imagine many wanting to roll around underneath the car by the side of the road.

• Like 1

You can have a spare wheel as an optional extra, but it goes underneath the car (like some vans).

As its (okay, I'm going to say it) abit of a ladies car, i cant imagine many wanting to roll around underneath the car by the side of the road.

On a used vehicle those under carriers can become a PITA had to use a grinder to cut one off the bottom of a van once as it was stuck
  • Like 1

All the best with it.

There is a beauty with VW and Cylinder Deactivation / Cylinder on demand.

They have been building 1.4 TSI for a long time now that go off cylinders, Oiled and burnt out plugs, valves etc.

So they are experienced with 4 cylinder engines getting along without all firing.

Lets hope that the Service Schedule / Guidelines are all sorted out, and if still 40,000 miles like with the NGK as fitted to the Twinchargers.

they get checked & possibly replaced before the Service Schedule.

With the Twincharger, 1 particular Cylinders Plug is very prone to a premature Demise.

Maybe on the 1.4 TSI, ACT / COD this will be one of the Cylinders that Deactivates.

Smart Thinking,  less running, that Cylinders Plug and Coil will last longer.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

It's cylinder 2 and 3 that are deactivated for light loads.

It's explained here: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/petrol/active-cylinder-technology-act

The idea of 150hp, mid 50's mpg, £20 VED and 0-60 in 7.8S sounded pretty attractive as a replacement for the vRS Estate, especially as we don't need two large cars any more.

Fabia00 did... As you say, you merely inferred it.

£160 for the 16" or £220 for the 18" - the brochure says the dealer will supply you with a wheel spanner and jack if required. No mention of if that is FoC or chargeable! Kinda laughable, as if it wouldn't be required!

Getting it out from underneath is easy as it unscrews in the boot and drops to the floor on your toes, putting it back in is a faff - but you get the garage to do that when you get the tyre replaced.

All these temporary space saver wheels leave you with an issue of what to do with the full size wheel with the blown tyre, if you have a full car you're screwed - my Mrs Mini had a blow out and luckily the boot was empty and would just fit the blown tyre.

I fully agree with the previous statements of wanting a wheel in case of no signal/blow out over the gunk in a can. Luckily I don't tend to frequent areas with no mobile signal and am wiling to take the risk of lack of signal and just call Audi Assist (I did when I blew a tyre out on my SQ5 and they were there in 45 mins with a flat bed to take me to my preferred tyre shop and then home - as it was midnight).

Edited by josedebardi

On a used vehicle those under carriers can become a PITA had to use a grinder to cut one off the bottom of a van once as it was stuck

My missus's car failed its nct (mot) because that stupid carrier thing was loose...

Fabia00 did... As you say, you merely inferred it.

£160 for the 16" or £220 for the 18" - the brochure says the dealer will supply you with a wheel spanner and jack if required. No mention of if that is FoC or chargeable! Kinda laughable, as if it wouldn't be required!

Getting it out from underneath is easy as it unscrews in the boot and drops to the floor on your toes, putting it back in is a faff - but you get the garage to do that when you get the tyre replaced.

All these temporary space saver wheels leave you with an issue of what to do with the full size wheel with the blown tyre, if you have a full car you're screwed - my Mrs Mini had a blow out and luckily the boot was empty and would just fit the blown tyre.

I fully agree with the previous statements of wanting a wheel in case of no signal/blow out over the gunk in a can. Luckily I don't tend to frequent areas with no mobile signal and am wiling to take the risk of lack of signal and just call Audi Assist (I did when I blew a tyre out on my SQ5 and they were there in 45 mins with a flat bed to take me to my preferred tyre shop and then home - as it was midnight).

Sounds like a PITA compared to just lifting the boot floor though.

I wouldnt want to be putting a dirty horrible wheel covered in brakedust into my nice clean £15k mini haha.

Its a price you pay for the style i suppose. Iv got a full size 15 inch spare under my fabia floor, with a jack etc etc. i guess thats not as 'cool' looking though ;).

• Like 1

My missus's car failed its nct (mot) because that stupid carrier thing was loose...

Every vehicle I get (they are old ones) I chop them off and strap them in the rear load space with ratchet straps and a 4x4 wheel cover as they are mostly old vans and these carriers are nothing but a pain
  • Like 2

Every vehicle I get (they are old ones) I chop them off and strap them in the rear load space with ratchet straps and a 4x4 wheel cover as they are mostly old vans and these carriers are nothing but a pain

And hey, you can be right quirky with your latest fabia and put the spare under the bonnet - youve loads of space in there;)

Opt for something with the 1.2tsi, its a cracking engine and rather frugal given what it is. My money would be on the Polo, a new SEL is well within haggling distance at that budget. Picked our kitted out Toledo for less than 14k though it might be bigger than what she's comfortable with. 

And hey, you can be right quirky with your latest fabia and put the spare under the bonnet - youve loads of space in there;)

I've already nabbed the wheel out of that for something else! Hangon my latest Fabia? The one with no engine or the one I've got to book delivery for?

Opt for something with the 1.2tsi, its a cracking engine and rather frugal given what it is. My money would be on the Polo, a new SEL is well within haggling distance at that budget. Picked our kitted out Toledo for less than 14k though it might be bigger than what she's comfortable with.

I agree with the 1.2tsi.

I test drove a fabia with the 105bhp version. Brilliant litre engine isnt it!

Will have to look at the specs of the SE and SEL polo, see which bits we actually want haha.

I suggested an SE design (16 inch wheels, sunset windows etc) but dad just said 'why would i get that? Its like an SE but with extra bits i dont want'

Hes getting so boring! Haha.

I remember doing a vauxhall vivaro one in the middle of winter, in the snow, at the side of the road.

It wasnt even funny. I'm never doing that again!

Luckily that was a little easier cos the van was full of decent tools, where as the mothers car wont be.