Best disc and pads for track

Jim333

Hi all in going to start prepin the vrs for track days and ring trip next year ;) just looking in to disc and pads atm, what is everyone using?

Looking at brembo max disc and not sure about pads yet just on the vrs calipers don't know if I want to upgrade yet

Going by what people say the first upgrade you should do is move upto the 312mm front brakes, my car was running them when I bought it so never tried the standard sized vrs brakes but it is most peoples opinion they are under braked for the weight of the car.

Pretty cheap upgrade tbf too :)

• Like 1

Going by what people say the first upgrade you should do is move upto the 312mm front brakes, my car was running them when I bought it so never tried the standard sized vrs brakes but it is most peoples opinion they are under braked for the weight of the car.

Pretty cheap upgrade tbf too :)

This ^^^^ :)

I have Brembo Max discs and they're excellent, a little noisier than standard but a decent improvement in performance, these and Ferodo or Mintex harder pads and you'll be ok. Of course a 312 upgrade would be best of all, and don't forget to change all your brake fluid out because under track conditions even the tiniest amount of water in the fluid will boil and your shiny new brakes will fade.

They are circa £150 for the 312mm front brakes.

I've gone for EBC Yellowstuff after a couple of recommendations, they were half the price of ds2500 and are a great pad :)