vRS dummy exhaust outlet question

Alex

Surprisingly, no change!! I was a bit concerned when I saw the size of the silencer, compared with the one that came off. I didn't want it to bee too loud, my days of being a boy racer have long since gone (done the Saxo with a loud exhaust 10 years ago!).

Moley

I had the original exhaust tip powder coated gloss black, at the same time I had the wheel from my Monte done. £15 each plus vat.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy a Golf 7 GTD, you can purchase a sport & sound pack wich includes sport exhaust sistem.
You can find sound clips on youtube with Golf equipped with this pack.
Does anyone know what this sport exhaust system consists and if it can be fitted on O3 vRS TDI?

BR

Cip

A rub down and a pot of Hammerite should do the trick for any who want a cheap DIY job. As a side note one of the reasons I chose a VRS TSI over a TDI was to have two real exhaust pipes. I know it's pretty insignificant, but it was a toss up between the two and the smallest things can make a difference. On cold, damp winter mornings I feel better having smoke (steam) billow out of both tail pipes.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

If you buy a Golf 7 GTD, you can purchase a sport & sound pack wich includes sport exhaust sistem.

You can find sound clips on youtube with Golf equipped with this pack.

Does anyone know what this sport exhaust system consists and if it can be fitted on O3 vRS TDI?

BR

Cip

Kufatec offer the kit for an Octy 3, however it is big bucks (approx £1k) and is still only a fake exhaust note, no performance gains! There are a couple of companies that offer these but they are still all the same sort of money!

It is one of the things when I was trying to decide between a GTD and VRS that I wanted, but no option on the Skod for it! 

• Like 1

Does the tsi have love exhausts both sides then? Or is the right hand one a dummy?

Yes both sides but from what I have read and understand, the tailpipe trims are not attached to the pipe, more sort of pointing towards them.

for example see this post (post #9)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292793-dual-exhaust-pipes-from-vrs/

Well, it is interesting but still fake.

At that price I am convinced not to buy it :) .

Thanks for the info Callum.

BR

Cip

Does the tsi have love exhausts both sides then? Or is the right hand one a dummy?

The VRS TSI has two separate pipes and backboxes leading to the chromed exits (they are both real). Strangely the two pipes from the T-section are of unequal lengths and the backboxes are vastly different in size. This makes the engine sound a little more throaty/off-beat from the outside under hard acceleration. Edited by Orville