MK1 VRS Estate?

fraser21

Hi All,

spotted a metallic burgundy mk1 estate in my local town, huntly, up beside Aberdeen, and had a bit of a double take! the car was the perfect example of a completely standard mk1 VRS in estate form, VRS bumper in the right colours, VRS wheels in bog standard silver, VRS grill/ badges, VRS cloth interior, badges on the back, i didn't get a glance of the rear bumper so i don't know what it was like, it's either a very very convincing rep or have i missed that there was an estate too??

- Fraser

• Like 1

There wasn't an estate version made.. a few have been custom made (mine being 1 of them)

Most don't have a vrs rear bumper but a couple have fit a non-gen vrs style bumper from CZ.. i couldn't find the CZ one so i had one custom made using a vrs hatch bumper

There was  vrs estate rep around my area for a while,it looked how you would imagine a factory vrs estate except the clouds of black smoke from the exhaust.

Possibly the same car?i cant see many estate owners willing to splash out on bumpers etc,esp as the rear doesnt fit with a bit of butchery so they must be scarce.

Matt,reading your build thread has made me want to vrs my estate,nice job.

I was kinda heading that way but just can't find a good nic bumper for the money, just ended up mix and matching grills and putting a lcr splitter on my mk1 bumper, doesn't look to bad but if I dont end up getting a vrs bumper I would like the mk1 facelift bumper as I think they look nice

I was kinda heading that way but just can't find a good nic bumper for the money, just ended up mix and matching grills and putting a lcr splitter on my mk1 bumper, doesn't look to bad but if I dont end up getting a vrs bumper I would like the mk1 facelift bumper as I think they look nice

Do you have a pic?

im debating a vrs front bumper too as they are quite pricey or knackered.

There was a guy on here about 5 years ago called Alex who did one. He ordered the rear bumper from cz. It was a light blue colour, s4 alloys and coilovers. I am sure someone on here had it.

I asked Alex (ninja-alex light blue with RS4 replica wheels) and Techie (silver with s3 wheels) as they were both the people who ordered one from CZ. At the time + neither could remember where from or find the receipt.. dont know what happened to Alex's but Techies in in pieces + the guy who now has the car has still got the bumper but wants silly money for it.

So to my knowledge there are/ were 3 VRS estate rear bumpers in the UK.. 2 from CZ and mine. I have sold mine to george (GFWC) so it lives on lol :)

I thought a girl had alex's one, someone's sister or gf from here. Off topic but do you still have your red porsche wheels matt

No m8 my porsches sold a bit ago.. infact iv sold all my 17s now :).. started collecting bigger sizes now for the golf lol :D!