Dan's 20v 1.8T Fabia Estate

DanHarper

Need to stop hoarding wheels... not including the wheel in my spare wheel well I have 23 misc wheels in my garage and 4 more on the way!

Admittedly not all of them fit cars I currently own or ever have owned.

Haha, brilliant :D

This makes me feel so much better about my wheel collection :)

Liking the car lots!

The Ronals look best. (Middle set) the bottom set are also made by ronal and I had a set on my Fab and loved them.

:)

I'm sorry but the FR wheels are the worst wheels ever, they look awful, even on the car they came on.

Go for the Middle set :)

• Like 2

So new wheels are here (nothing previously seen on this thread! Fresh in today!)!

New brakes are on order too :)

All will be revealed when it all arrives and is fitted :p I'm hoping next week... Probably a few weeks :(

And the new wheels will not be shod with RS-Rs, past few days they have been tricky in the wet and cold 'summer'.

EFA and spelling :P

• Like 3

Rebuilt the intercooler piping tonight as I'm certain I had some leaks at certain pressures still.

Used JCS HiGrip clamps rather than Mikalor clamps. Oh and hairspray... horrible stuff. These clamps seem better as the Mikalor's supplied by ASH for my size of pipe were maxed out... not convinced they were the right ones, I'd have wanted the next size down to give some scope for extra clamping.

Replaced my coils with some new-ish used ones. Don't think mine were causing issues but at least I have some spares I know work.

Moment of truth in the morning as its not been tested  :peek: May get up 20mins early so I have time to fix and dash or convince the girlfriend she doesn't need the car on her day off :P

• Like 3

Car feels much better now. It didn't feel bad before which is why I'm surprised at how much the work I did last night has smoothed things out.

Pulls just has hard but is smoother and more predictable (I guess just more drive-able now). Idle is smoother than before, especially the cold start idle. Not sure if the coil packs or the pipe work has made the biggest difference.

Going to tidy up the engine bay, fit a cold air feed to my warm air intake ( ;)) and tidy up all my cables this evening in preparation for map day (Thursday)! Quite nervous as its the first time anyone will have taken a critical look at my work and we finally find out if everything is working as it should after the trials of this build.

Completely forgot where I am in the oil changes cycle now :( 

Will get some pics of the bay tonight in all its glory :)

• Like 4

Get those headlights polished up Dan!

That is an absolutely amazing looking front end/engine shot.

Looks fantastic.

Back from the map with a bit more work to do :(

On the standard map it made 166hp

Made 208hp with the map its on now but it does start to lean out. Currently running on actuator pressure until I can sort the fuel out. Unfortunately the fueling was holding things back so that is my next thing to look at!

• Like 1

Back from the map with a bit more work to do :(

On the standard map it made 166hp

Made 208hp with the map its on now but it does start to lean out. Currently running on actuator pressure until I can sort the fuel out. Unfortunately the fueling was holding things back so that is my next thing to look at!

Was yours a 150 standard too Dan? You running the Ibiza fuel pump? Still good figures, what was torque?

Was yours a 150 standard too Dan? You running the Ibiza fuel pump? Still good figures, what was torque?

Yep 150. Yep Ibiza pump. Not good enough :( 230 and I'm happy :P

Standard peaked at 201 @ 2400rpm.

Now 258 @ 3200rpm.

Need to get myself a fuel pressure gauge and figure out what the issue is, then back for tweaking.

Yep 150. Yep Ibiza pump. Not good enough :( 230 and I'm happy :P

Standard peaked at 201 @ 2400rpm.

Now 258 @ 3200rpm.

Need to get myself a fuel pressure gauge and figure out what the issue is, then back for tweaking.

Still gonna be a beast at that, bet it's awesome, I'm sure the Leon Cupra r pumps direct fit mate may be cheap option, unless your pumps on way out as quite a few on seat cupra.net run stage 2 on standard pump so it's strange if yours couldn't cope,

Still gonna be a beast at that, bet it's awesome, I'm sure the Leon Cupra r pumps direct fit mate may be cheap option, unless your pumps on way out as quite a few on seat cupra.net run stage 2 on standard pump so it's strange if yours couldn't cope,

yes they do but a walbro 255 may be cheaper as no scene tax, thats what i ran and supported 280bhp at standard fuel pressure and are a doddle to fit into the standard sender unit

• Like 1

yes they do but a walbro 255 may be cheaper as no scene tax, thats what i ran and supported 280bhp at standard fuel pressure and are a doddle to fit into the standard sender unit

Worth knowing if it comes to that. Thanks :)

Plan is get gauge, try stuff :p First check pipes and swap out the filter. Then FPR followed by the pump.

Today is such a relief to finally find out the engine is healthy though, even if its not quite where I want it to be yet. Drive is much smoother now, due to the smoother curve and lack of huge lump of torque low down (will scan the graphs tomorrow). Even on actuator boost its still capable of shifting for an old granddad wagon :P

• Like 1

Nice well done mate.

When you say sort out the fueling, have you had issues or have i misses something?

Not really. It runs fine as standard but its not supplying enough fuel at high rpm/high boost, meaning it runs lean and the ECU closes the throttle.

You running the Ibiza fuel filter then Dan, the lines looked the same on mine to standard thickness wise, I just swapped everything over as I had it there

Brand new Bosch one for a 1.8T.

• Like 1

I used the standard 1.4 lines and a pug 406 v6 inline fuel filter as the 1.4 item has a integrated regulator. Lines are the same across the range and only need bigger lines if your running stupid power