Police Mobile Speed Camera Van on opposite side of the road, which way was he monitering?

charles

Scotland,  so different from England & Wales.

Procurator Fiscal decides,

a Caution is read to you at the time of being stopped,

no ticket or paperwork handed over after they check Car, Insurance, Licence & let you go.

You know only that a report might or might not go to the PF.

So yes a Summons possibly, quite possibly.

http://scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/pay-a-fine

http://roadtrafficlaw.com/services/speeding-in-scotland

http://scottishdrivinglaw.co.uk/road-traffic-offences-scotland/speeding-offences-in-scotland

FWIW my understanding is that they have to notify you at the time if they are considering issuing a fixed penalty or laying an evidence with the Procurator Fiscal's office.

Not the first time i have been stopped and usually once the breathalyzer formality is done, then been on my way and heard no more.

But being as it is the A9 and the average speeds are not operating yet and the campaign is fully on for safety

i expect there will be some follow up. 

Not to excessive speed and hopefully not treated as anything other than a bit over the NSL for the stretch i was on.

(No soap on a rope required hopefully.)

Edited by goneoffSKi

The county in which i live (Derbyshire) has released that they will be upping the use of mobile speed cameras over 110 different roads around the county.

Confused me abit, as generally the really fast driving/riding is done in the summer, not autumn going into winter.

I can only think the county must be short of cash

This may also come in handy for someone

6yjuqanu.jpg

"Time into red up to and including 2.9 seconds." Clearly this was written after the Stockholm traffic pattern. If its been less than three seconds since the switch to red, you still good to go...

Simple answer, don't speed!

Or make sure you have a car fast enough to avoid getting caught.... :-D

But if people keep accepting the course your money pays for more speeding vans and speed cameras :( haha if people pay the lowest price fine least money to them the better ..

£100 fine and 3 points? Or £85 Course and NO points? I think the course is the cheaper option.

• Like 1

£100 fine and 3 points? Or £85 Course and NO points? I think the course is the cheaper option.

Exactly! Trust me if I'd have been offered a course I'd have quite happily payed hell of a lot more just to avoid the points on my record and insurance!

• 2 weeks later...

From my post #45. 3rd Oct.

Stopped by Unmarked on the 1st. 

& Told by the officers a report was going to the Procurator Fiscal. 

Not counting chickens yet,

but no Summons / Citation yet received.

Average Speed Camera System goes on from the 28 th October on the A9,

Stirling to Inverness more or less the whole length of the route.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Simple answer, don't speed!

Yup! I always make a concious effort to stay within the speed limits these days as I really don't want a speeding ticket.

On the plus side you also save a bit of fuel and is normally less stressful.

It can be easy to miss a speed change sign on the road etc though.

Phil