Code for 2001 skoda symphony

rick81vrs

The car should know the code, it would not have been supplied with one when new. The code you entered is most likely the 4 digit immo SKC which is not the PIN.

Do not keep retrying otherwise you'll lock out the headunit and be in for a long wait which just keeps getting longer.

If you had an aftermarket head unit before, make sure all wiring adapters have been removed, and that the K line diagnostic wire is connected. Providing this is done, then turn ignition on (do not start engine), turn head unit on and the radio should start playing all by itself after about 30 seconds.

The 5 will be the number of attempts remaining before the unit locks out.

Look at the picture attached, you need to make sure that a wire is attached to the pin arrowed on the cars wiring. The picture and text relate to fitting an aftermarket head unit, that's why it talks about disconnecting but you want it connected.

post-47-0-70316000-1411485643_thumb.gif

Edited by mannyo

This is still attached! And still it does not want to come out of safe mode

I seem to remember someone saying that you need to turn the ignition to position 1 (dont start the car), with the radio switched on, leave for 30 seconds, then it should work.

My car came with the handbook for the Symphony radio. This is my interpretation of the words.

Safe mode is standard set-up when Convenience Module is fitted but may revert to CODE mode if, say, a radio from another car is put in.

In your case SAFE is showing so the manual says you can activate the radio by 1) switch on the ignition with the key and then 2) turn on the radio and wait a short time.

If it does not turn on and displays 1---- then the convenience module bypass is not available and the correct code must be entered.

When you put in an incorrect code it will lock out further attempts. A number on the display indicates the number of attempts and lock out time.

1. 10 secs

2. 90 secs

3. 5 mins

4. 21 mins

5. 90 mins

6. 6 hours

7. 24 hours

8. 24 hours

There is bit more in the manual but it would be interesting to know if the red led on the radio flashes when the car is locked.

The radio did come from another car too

My understanding is that you will need to get the code for the radio that came from the other car.

There is a CODE/SAFE function in the radio setup menu so perhaps it allows you to store the code to avoid having to enter it next time the battery is disconnected.

Some people at dealers can take the bar code on top of the unit and supply a PIN.  I got one for an oem radio from someone on here but they've gone quiet recently.

I thought Skoda changed things and now the car has to be plugged into the computer and it's all done over the internet from HQ.  The dealer doesn't even see the code.

I thought Skoda changed things and now the car has to be plugged into the computer and it's all done over the internet from HQ.  The dealer doesn't even see the code.

I thought so too, but maybe for radio codes the code can still be used and only the key coding / instrument coding is done over the internet. :)

The radio coming from a different car changes things completely.

You will most likely need to get the headunit decoded by a third party, as unless you can prove to Skoda you purchased the headunit with a valid VAT receipt then the code will not be forthcoming.

A third party can decode it, but you will need to send the unit away, such as

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/Skoda-Symphony-grundig.html