More vRS coding tweaks found

As I become wiser to the structure of the adaptations I have found a few more tweaks:

Rear fogs as ADDITIONAL brake lights

(8)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion C 26 from Inactive to Brake light

(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27 – from inactive to Brake light

Just check that the following 2 channels are set to a value of 100 (Brightness)

(10)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert CD 26

(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27

This won't affect the normal operation of the fog lights, Changing the bulbs to CREE 50w LED bulbs look really good, don’t forget to if you do change them to LED, change the adaptations so the configuration “Lasttyp” is LED J

Edited by xpower
  • Like 1

Adjust LED light bar (DRL brightness) can be between 25-100%

(14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 (left hand led bar) - Standard is 100%

(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 (right hand led bar) Standard is 100%

Adjust LED light bar (Side light brightness) Can be between 25-100%

(6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 (left LED bar) Standard is 35%

(6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 (right LED bar) Standard is 35%

Hopefully I can spend some time this weekend on getting rid of the error message about reduced functionality when activating the speed signs on the dash (with the std bolero fitted)

What is good is as I was 'playing around' I set the LED light bar as an indicator not a DRL. Looked really good - shame it isn't amber :-)

Edited by xpower

As I become wiser to the structure of the adaptations I have found a few more tweaks:

Rear fogs as ADDITIONAL brake lights

(8)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion C 26 from Inactive to Brake light

(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27 – from inactive to Brake light

Just check that the following 2 channels are set to a value of 100 (Brightness)

(10)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert CD 26

(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27

This won't affect the normal operation of the fog lights, Changing the bulbs to CREE 50w LED bulbs look really good, don’t forget to if you do change them to LED, change the adaptations so the configuration “Lasttyp” is LED J

I'm also interested. This would be a great mod. :D

Did you use white or red coloured cree leds? Which ones (link)?

Luminance compared to the original fog bulbs? Any colour difference as result (with original bulbs/with cree leds)?

Photos and video please :)

Adjust LED light bar (DRL brightness) can be between 25-100%

(14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 (left hand led bar) - Standard is 100%

(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 (right hand led bar) Standard is 100%

Adjust LED light bar (Side light brightness) Can be between 25-100%

(6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 (left LED bar) Standard is 35%

(6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 (right LED bar) Standard is 35%

Hopefully I can spend some time this weekend on getting rid of the error message about reduced functionality when activating the speed signs on the dash (with the std bolero fitted)

What is good is as I was 'playing around' I set the LED light bar as an indicator not a DRL. Looked really good - shame it isn't amber :-)

Nice mod, although I never actually use sidelights, partly because i'm always on 'auto' but also because i've set my rear LED lights to be DRLs too. :)

P

If you do work out how to remove the warning when enabling road signs on Bolero that would be epic. EPIC!

I ran traffic sign recognition on my Bolero for a couple of weeks and without sat nav data it can't be trusted, you'll almost certainly end up driving to the wrong speed limit

• Like 1

I ran traffic sign recognition on my Bolero for a couple of weeks and without sat nav data it can't be trusted, you'll almost certainly end up driving to the wrong speed limit

I wouldn't trust the SatNav data either - I've spotted several errors already (two where the limit has changed in the last 12 months - so fair enough, one where the limit changed at least 2.5 years ago, and two where the limit has never been what the SatNav says - or, at least, for as long as I've known the roads).

It's more for novelty than anything else!

P

Try changing the settings on this adaptation channel on the A5 camera

Road sign detection fusion mode

It is set by default to 'Road sign fusion' which to me means it is going to merge the data with the sat nav data. I am pretty sure the last time I looked there was an option that would use the camera only data - may help on a Bolero!

Did the mystery of the intermittent coming home lights with auto main beam ever get solved?

P

Yes - use VCP instead of VCDS :) as it resets the controller between every adaptation change.

Otherwise, you have to reset the lighting settings to factory default in the Infotainment unit and then personalise the settings again.

Remember, coming home lights are triggered by you opening the door (which is changeable to when you turn the ignition off on this adaptation channel on 09 '(5) Comfort illumination Coming home on event' )

Try changing the settings on this adaptation channel on the A5 camera

Road sign detection fusion mode

It is set by default to 'Road sign fusion' which to me means it is going to merge the data with the sat nav data. I am pretty sure the last time I looked there was an option that would use the camera only data - may help on a Bolero!

Will try it - thanks for the hint

Next major challenge - coming home / leaving home when light switch is on 0 not AUTO only as I don't like leaving the lights on auto

What is with these people and not liking leaving the lights in Auto!? I still can't work out why you would ever change them to anything else!?

Because driving to work in bright sunlight (so bright I need my sunglasses) and the headlights are on - messes with my OCD

It should be

DRL = Lights in the daytime

Headlights = lights at dusk / night time

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work like that - if it did I would leave it on Auto

Because driving to work in bright sunlight (so bright I need my sunglasses) and the headlights are on - messes with my OCD

It should be

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work like that - if it did I would leave it on Auto

That's how it works for me! I've never had a problem. My 04 Audi was the other end of the spectrum - lights wouldn't come on with Auto till well after I thought they should be on. But the vRS has been bang on to date.

Maybe your light sensor is faulty...?

It should be

Bright sunlight = poor visibility, you should a have headlights on.