Fabia vrs tsi or Monte Carlo tdi

jp1mp

Otaylor38,

That is OK,

why not quote the whole bit about the Twincharger getting there quicker than the Tuned 1.6 TDI CR.

You do get a Monte Carlo with a DSG. it is just it will be Left Hand Drive.

Because i dont know. Unless we get a well tuned 1.6 tdi next to a vrs and race. We never know.

'Tuned' is too vague. It could have had thousands spent on it, or just a remap

Edit, and driver skill comes into it ofc.

You might never know then if you do not see them.

The royal 'We' might already know.

The Idea being the 105 PS 1.6 TDI CR taken to the 140-150 BHP with a Remap.

With Bigger Turbo, Intercooler etc and getting to 170 BHP plus then you are at about the same place,

with the Sporty Rally Inspired Looks and rear Drum Brakes..

You might never know then if you do not see them.

The royal 'We' might already know.

The Idea being the 105 PS 1.6 TDI CR taken to the 140-150 BHP with a Remap.

With Bigger Turbo, Intercooler etc and getting to 170 BHP plus then you are at about the same place,

with the Sporty Rally Inspired Looks and rear Drum Brakes..

All depends how much somebody wants to spend though. Everything could be made better. Thats 'tuning'

You might think you're safe to take on a Citigo at the lights, but youd have a shock if you came across Bossfox's version. (When it gets finished that is)

But what is a proper bike?

I use the word 'proper' loosely i spose. Anything above 49cc? Haha.

A 250cc will give a vrs a good run to 60mph.

Anything bigger than that and the rider wont really be able to tell if it was supposed to be trying or not..

The only time i can tell is if i wait for the other car to launch first, so i can hear their engine or tyres spinning.

I'd even recommend the Monte Derv over a bike! At Least in the Fabia you can't fall off and be killed to death.

Oh I do love BRISKODA :-)

OP asks for opinions on a VRS v the Monte Carlo TDI and the advice is to buy a motorbike!

;-)

Well it started with George saying about a moped haha.

I never said buy one. But then, it would solve the vrs racing issue haha

DarkSide offer a straight swop turbo upgrade from the CR170, combined with the intercooler and mapping, it will out run the Fabia VRS.

But how long does the 5 speed box and clutch last? It's nearly at it's limit with the 105bhp TDi's.

Lee

But what is a proper bike?

A decent 1 litre superbike will outrun Veyron to 175mph. Is that fast enough? :)

Or perhaps against an Atom V8 and DS3 Rallycross car with 600bhp.

A decent 250 sports bike will beat most warm/hot hatches to 60mph. A 600/1000 sports bike will leave them for dead.

Lee

Edited by logiclee

If the OP wants a car with half decent pace straight out the box then he'd be better off with the vRS. If he values cheap running costs over performance but wants a 'sporty' look then the Monty is worth a shout.

Not sure modding comes into it, as someone pointed out even a Citigo can have over 400 bhp if you are keen.

• Like 1

A decent 1 litre superbike will outrun Veyron to 175mph. Is that fast enough? :)

Or perhaps against an Atom V8 and DS3 Rallycross car with 600bhp.

A decent 250 sports bike will beat most warm/hot hatches to 60mph. A 600/1000 sports bike will leave them for dead.

Lee

Pretty much! Lol.

Theres one reason im not bothered about having a litre sports bike. I do genuinely think theyre too fast for the road.

80mph is achievable if you go into the redline with an s1000rr in first gear apparently. So. Second is a licence loser haha.

Edit: Fubar was telling us about his tuned zzr1400 in the bike section the other day. 220bhp i think he said, weighing 180kg.

Imagine that! Musta been nuts.

Doubt that very much. You have to remember the DSG adds a good performance boost.

People are too busy slating the MK2 VRS that like it or loathe it, the 180ps motor and DSG box make it a quick little motor out of the box. Like it or loathe it, it can embarrass more substantial cars.

Not many people want to buy a 1.6 TDI and then spend thousands modifying it to compete with a 16k hatchback.

And then try and explain all of the modifications to their insurance providers!

If you want decent performance and an auto box buy the VRS.

If you want MPG's get a monte derv.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/1-6-tdi-common-rail-170hp-turbo-upgrade.html

Combine this with their intercooler and stage1 map and the 1.6tdi will be well over 180bhp and much more torque.

My Yeti 1.6tdi is at 149bhp and 306nm with just a stage1 map from Shark, so mine already has 56nm more torque than the 250nm of the VRS.

You could do all of the above for £2500 pick up a Monte Carlo 1.6tdi for £13k and for under £16k you've got a great car wich I would have over the run of the mill VRS.

I think the two cars are that far apart that thread drift was inevitable. :D

Furbytom you commented on the the thread on "The other forum" when somebody asked if they should buy the 2.0 diesel or the 3.0 litre 6 cylinder turbocharged petrol. :)

The same happened on that thread too.

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

Pretty much! Lol.

Theres one reason im not bothered about having a litre sports bike. I do genuinely think theyre too fast for the road.

80mph is achievable if you go into the redline with an s1000rr in first gear apparently. So. Second is a licence loser haha.

Edit: Fubar was telling us about his tuned zzr1400 in the bike section the other day. 220bhp i think he said, weighing 180kg.

Imagine that! Musta been nuts.

You can get into the mid 90's in 1st gear on an S1000RR. ;)

Lee