What foam should I be using?

Glyno

Hello!

I've just about exhausted my stock of Magifoam that cam as part of the offer from Autobrite when buying the lance several months ago, and am looking to replenish. The question is... should I go for like-for-like replacement foam or is there something better I ought to be using? - maybe even cheaper!

I don't want to appear lazy, but there's such a bewildering range of products and I know I'm going to get great advise by asking here  :)  

My favourite is Bilt Hamber Autofoam, good cleaning power & not as thick as Magifoam, so it doesn't stick on the drive for ages.

Angelwax Fast Foam & valet pro are also good. Got a sample of Meguiars Hyper Wash, which again is very good. All the aforementioned are wax safe, well as safe as they can be.

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 1

I use Valet Pro pH Neutral Snow Foam

Very effective in terms of performance and cost

Others will be along soon to give you their recommendations.

Personally I wouldn't use any other

I use the above too, and can highly recommend it!

Almost a clean sweep.... +1 for ValetPro pH Neutral.  :thumbup:

Just took delivery of another 5L for winter along with 5L Citrus Pre-Wash.

Excuse my complete ignorance, but why would you need Valet Pro AND Citrus Pre-wash? Hope that doesn't sound rude, genuine question.

Noooooooo.....Car Chem!!!

Never used it to be fair Ben - but have heard it mentioned on other forums.

As for alternatives - only other one i have on trial is Krystal Kleen Blizzard SF.

This is also pH neutral and so far so good with my tests. I'll see how it performs over winter.

• Like 1

Excuse my complete ignorance, but why would you need Valet Pro AND Citrus Pre-wash? Hope that doesn't sound rude, genuine question.

No problem at all - thanks for the question.

Personally - during the winter months; i have a pump-sprayer mixed with Citrus pre-wash to tackle heavy salt deposits, pollutants and the likes.... but by no means essential. I focus this pre-pre wash on the lower panels, arches etc.

Likewise - during summer i have a pump-sprayer with an APC mix for bugs, pollen, etc etc.

I just like to make best effort to dissolve and loosen all the winter crud before the wash mitt is applied.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Never used it to be fair Ben - but have heard it mentioned on other forums.

As for alternatives - only other one i have on trial is Krystal Kleen Blizzard SF.

This is also pH neutral and so far so good with my tests. I'll see how it performs over winter.

Its good Ste, and fairly cheap, I like it too being a local company. I must admit I have never used Valet Pro, but heard nothing but good things. I think I shall get some next to try out based on the recommendations on here.

• Like 1

If this helps, you can order 4 products from Car Chem's website so you can trial a few, comes in at £12 for 4 250ml samples which I feel is a good deal!

Details here: http://car-chem.com/store/car-care-kits/250-samples-car-care

Superb - thanks for posting that up Ben  :thumbup:

Any other Car-Chem recommendations to make up the 4?

Another vote for valetpro here and after recommendations have the citrus wash as well if it gets really cruddy, doing the same as above. VP is not as expensive as AB magifoam plus I can't tell any difference in performance-it smells nice too. Its very good for removing aphid sap too which I'm prone to as there are large trees close to my drive-it dissolves it without any problem.

• Like 1

Superb - thanks for posting that up Ben  :thumbup:

Any other Car-Chem recommendations to make up the 4?

The 1900:1 shampoo is excellent, as is the contaminant remover (Revolt), Tar and Glue is good, glass sealant I liked too. A lot to choose from! I was spoilt for choice ha.

Hi. I'm looking on amazon at the valet pro PH Neutral foam you guys are discussing. What do you use to apply it - amazon is recommending a karcher attachment which would be easy for me as I have a karcher washer already, so this would attached to my existing lance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-PRO-Neutral-Snow-Litre/dp/B005JN5V5M

Hi. I'm looking on amazon at the valet pro PH Neutral foam you guys are discussing. What do you use to apply it - amazon is recommending a karcher attachment which would be easy for me as I have a karcher washer already, so this would attached to my existing lance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-PRO-Neutral-Snow-Litre/dp/B005JN5V5M

This is what you need..Just ask for the Karcher fiment

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183611

+1 on the above 2 posts. I bought the AB one after the 'cheaper alternative' I bought off ebay started playing up. I bought mine with 5l of their magifoam, which IMO doesn't seem any better than valetpro, but helps offset the cost of the lance. 1" of snowfoam topped up with warm water in the bottle and away you go..... I rang them up and the stuff was here next day-brilliant service.

• Like 1