Was thinking about buying a yeti but......

O.C.D.

I am surprised no one has yet mentioned Tiguan in this "Yeti vs everything else" debate :)

Tiguan?? Wash your mouth out with soap right this minute!!

• Like 1

Howcome a Suzuki Vitara (new one) hasn't come into this? :(

This thread has just taken a serious turn for the worse . . . . . .

. . . . . dear, oh dear!!

• Like 2

Skoda had a solution for the paint and corrosion issues on the Rough Tough use Yeti.

It was just going to be more Plastic Cladding, cover it up.

(Then the rust is found years later behind the Cladding, well it used to be, on the Yeti it is sooner rather than later,

and the paint quality on the plastics is not proving that long lasting either.)

So i expect they will go Citroen Cactus stylee,

with Bubble Wrap to cover the exposed painted metal.

(& again its a future owner that will find the corrosion behind.)

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The concerns over paint quality on the Yeti seem to be increasingly common.

It was even covered in a 'Helpdesk' article in a recent edition of What Car? magazine.

By the way, are there cases of paint blistering problems with non-metallic paints?

O.C.D

Are those 7 seaters?

With regards to the warranty, my neighbour is onto her 2nd one, she had some transmission issues when her's reached 2years old, she was given a new model whilst hers was being investigated but they couldn't find the fault so they signed over the new car to her, cant get better warranty than that.

WoW thats good business right there .No they are 5 seats dude.

4x4, because of my job and my hobbies.

Agreed there are others available, but I've only looked in local dealerships.

As above.

What is wrong with a tiguan?

I didnt want to say myself, but it seems others have been thinking similar haha.

By the way, are there cases of paint blistering problems with non-metallic paints?

Yes, the one in What Car? was white I think (although there was a similar complaint with a white Dacia Duster so I migt be wrong!).

In the UK Fabias are about 40% of Skoda sales up to 2014, and the paint is the same Water Based,

the only real paint problem with them is the optional Black Roofs on Monte Carlos and vRS from 2010.

But then they maybe are driven more on Surfaced Roads and not so often on Gravel Rally Stages or out Dogging.

In the UK Fabias are about 40% of Skoda sales up to 2014, and the paint is the same Water Based,

the only real paint problem with them is the optional Black Roofs on Monte Carlos and vRS from 2010.

But then they maybe are driven more on Surfaced Roads and not so often on Gravel Rally Stages or out Dogging.

Everyone knows the Yeti is the doggers vehicle of choice.

• Like 3

I'm not sure the type of people who buy yetis are the kind to make use of this though?

There is a well known dogging layby/hotspot near where I live. There are frequently yetis parked up there lol!