Was thinking about buying a yeti but......

O.C.D.

Sister and Fiance nearly bought one about 2 yrs ago.

Got an Hyundai IX35 instead as they preferred the IX interior....

Despite that, when e and the missus went to canada last yr, our bags (2 big suitaces and 2 carry ons) fit in the Octy all on the flat, no prbolem.

Had to stack them as a - big and small and a big and small 2nd layer - in the IX35....

for all its size, its not got a lot of boot space??

Auld lad has gone through 3 Santa fe's though, they are a decent thing. the first one is still on the road - 2003. looking a bit battered and abused now though.

I have a feeling it was picked up somewhere along the way by some settled Pikeys...

Not fantastic on juice granted, but... tbf, they are a big SUV, not exactly small or hugely aerodynamic so..... can you expect them to be fruggle? i dont think so.

• Like 1

6 months ago I wouldn't have gone near a kia but after buying a picanto equinox model for the other half I have been pleasantly surprised and would certainly consider a kia as my next car too.

The spec is vastly superior to any citigo and when you factor in the price and 7 year warranty it's a winner. The build quality is also very good with some nice touches.

• Like 1

6 months ago I wouldn't have gone near a kia but after buying a picanto equinox model for the other half I have been pleasantly surprised and would certainly consider a kia as my next car too.

The spec is vastly superior to any citigo and when you factor in the price and 7 year warranty it's a winner. The build quality is also very good with some nice touches.

Done similar but i10 and I tried all the superminis ! And this little thing is amazing , yes it's got 5 year warranty and yes things aren't all covered but it's fully loaded and frugale, the up, citigo and mii doesn't come close to the build quality neither does the aygo nor the yaris , the polo is more plush but a polo specked to the i10 premium is about £5,000 more , the kia and hyundai are not far away from becoming a real threat to the European makers but they're not there yet but give it another couple of years and ze Germans will be panicking!

• Like 4

The Volkswagen Group way when the are behind in any World Market or Technology is to Buy the Brand or Buy into it and learn their secrets , eg Suzuki,

and they learn superior ways, and how they can operate more economically.

It should be obvious to them, others just build better and more reliable products and have better quality control.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

http://jalopnik.com/5844809/watch-volkswagen-ceo-complain-about-hyundais-superior-interior

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The Volkswagen Group way when the are behind in any World Market or Technology is to Buy the Brand or Buy into it and learn there secrets

and superior ways, and how they can operate more economically.

It should be obvious to them, others just build better and more reliable products and have better quality control.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

http://jalopnik.com/5844809/watch-volkswagen-ceo-complain-about-hyundais-superior-interior

Having been in a few auto component manufacturing plants pretty much everyone uses the same suppliers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Its just that the Volkswagen sometimes just go too low on budgeting for part.  & then Fail to Quality Control 

or react to inferior supplied parts.

Bling and Plastic Chrome trim taking more importance to them,

over the quality of Chain Tensioners, Water Pumps etc, not Coating Drum Brake Exteriors so that they have not got cosmetic rust on them before the next Sales Quarter has started.

Toyota went all Economic on expansion & on buying in parts, and that was a disaster for them.

At least they held and hold their hands up, something the VWG never do unless a Government force them to,

& no EU Government has.

The US, China & Australia have though.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Guest BigJase88

Every car has its flaws.

Had plenty of issues with VAG cars and BMW's so mid range - premium is no different.

Cars aren't built to last. Tbh nothing nowadays is built to last.

Old tackle is the best tackle none of this new jerry tackle thats around nowadays. Even at my work materials keep getting cheaper and quite frankly rubbish

Thanks folks for the mostly good response i will just have to cancel the order for the caravan now LOL. And being a few years since i've been at school my level of education is letting me down as i don't know what FAUN means... sorry.

Fine, but if you post on a one make forum of one of the competitors don't expect everyone to faun at your feet.

• Like 1

Every car has its flaws.

Had plenty of issues with VAG cars and BMW's so mid range - premium is no different.

Cars aren't built to last. Tbh nothing nowadays is built to last.

Old tackle is the best tackle none of this new jerry tackle thats around nowadays. Even at my work materials keep getting cheaper and quite frankly rubbish

You aint wrong there.... it applies to everything, including stupid things like survey marking spray paint.

We used to get it for about 15 quid a can, and it lasted for months on the ground.

Now, we have to use a supplier who is supplying a different brand at 3 quid a can... its %hite.

At least 1 can per box has a valve that just fails to do a anything 10 secs after starting.

And as said before by trundlenut - a lot of shared suppliers for car parts.

just look at the unique design of the light switch unit found in VAG group and Ford group vehicles...

not exactly a bespoke manufacturer unit...

and the pigment bleaches out after about 3 weeks.

• Like 2

And as said before by trundlenut - a lot of shared suppliers for car parts.

just look at the unique design of the light switch unit found in VAG group and Ford group vehicles...

not exactly a bespoke manufacturer unit...

and the pigment bleaches out after about 3 weeks.

Right, the last line of that was definitely typed at the end of the 1st paragraph.... in relation to the paint. not the light switch :D

I dont know what happened that when it posted!

• Like 2

How long do Skoda offer it for? Looking recently at cars I notice that Audi is 3y, Seat 2y and VW 1y for the uk market.

I did notice that the warranty on my Volvo is the usual 3yr 60000m but in the US is 100000m.

One good thing with Volvo servicing is that they do include a years comprehensive breakdown cover too. Although I guess they will benefit from the majority of repairs.

Services are usually £200 to £250 . Dear but not extortionate.

Edited by loskie

I had a Kia sportage, watch out for it pulling to the left.

They know about it, it's a common fault and they wouldn't sort mine out.

Damn annoying

I had a Kia sportage, watch out for it pulling to the left.

They know about it, it's a common fault and they wouldn't sort mine out.

Damn annoying

Careful, I pointed out a few reported "problems" with it and got flamed.

• Like 2

They're actually better good machines if you use it properly. A friend had one in white with the 1.7 diesel engine and was returning 54mpg. Had a lot of kit for the money like leather, bluetooth, cruise. The only problem he had other than rust forming on brake lines and discs after 3 years, which every Vauxhall insignia has after a year, were his diamond cut alloys De - lacquered and white worm formed, however, Kia replaced all 4 wheels and tyres with new one.

The 7 year warranty is exactly like any other. Covers less as the car ages or gains miles so it's just a gimmick. If your gearbox goes at 80k and inside the 7 years, they'll consider it wear and tear.

Careful, I pointed out a few reported "problems" with it and got flamed.

Sorry man I didn't realise that you had owned and drove a kia and discovered these so called problems for yourself .
  • Like 1

They're actually better good machines if you use it properly. A friend had one in white with the 1.7 diesel engine and was returning 54mpg. Had a lot of kit for the money like leather, bluetooth, cruise. The only problem he had other than rust forming on brake lines and discs after 3 years, which every Vauxhall insignia has after a year, were his diamond cut alloys De - lacquered and white worm formed, however, Kia replaced all 4 wheels and tyres with new one.

The 7 year warranty is exactly like any other. Covers less as the car ages or gains miles so it's just a gimmick. If your gearbox goes at 80k and inside the 7 years, they'll consider it wear and tear.

Pretty much any diamond cut wheels seem to suffer from white worm, regardless of the manufacturer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

How long do Skoda offer it for?

Road assistance is 3 years for Skoda

Brief Summary of some manufacturers  below:

(1yr  VW, 3yrs  BMW, 3yrs  Audi, 2yrs Seat, 1yr Kia, 5yrs Hyundai!!, Can't find it on Toyota's website only as an extra cost, Nissan do 3yrs and each additonal year covered when you have it serviced at a Nissan dealer. Ford 1yr, Vauxhall 5yrs, Volvo 3 yrs PSA 1yr, Fiat 1yr  all  in the UK)

I year is only VW, Ford , Kia, PSA and Fiat everyone else has multi-year with the best being Hyundai and Vauxhall at 5yr.  Nissan is only 3 years but had an offer where if you have your car service at a dealership they'll give you a years roadside assitance. 

So out of the 12 above half do 1 year or less...

• Like 2

I've had a couple of sorrento's great value, loads of kit and a great tow car, though built to a price. I do think Skoda have lost their way a little in the styling dept, especially with the new octavia. (had three mk2's) Which prompted my descision to change marques this time around. My boss is on her second sportage and wouldn't entertain a yeti because of its styling.

..All imo, based on personal experience, if it touches a nerve or irritates, and can't be accepted for what it is ( an informed viewpoint, ) then you need help...

• Like 3