Was thinking about buying a yeti but......

O.C.D.

Did you drive one?

We considered one as you get a lost of spec for your money, but I spend too long on ferries as it is without driving a car that has the roadholding of a boat as well.

• Like 2

I've looked at one, but was very disappointed with the interior, and the fuel consumption is poor.

There have also been lots of complaints in the caravanning forums of problems with the rear suspension, apparently with sub-standard rear shockers.

I've looked at one, but was very disappointed with the interior, and the fuel consumption is poor.

There have also been lots of complaints in the caravanning forums of problems with the rear suspension, apparently with sub-standard rear shockers.

No need to look any further then.!  Maybe go onto youtube and look at the great reviews from car journalists who know what they're talking about, and show me who else gives a full bumper to bumper 7 year warranty that is transferable as well .

• Like 1

Enjoy, they are rather nice to drive and a car to be in. & better value than similarly specced Yeti.

Yeti owners are well informed on failing shocks breaking springs and the likes, it is something some Yeti's also suffered from.

Among other part failures.,

Now if Skoda was to put a 5 Year Warranty or even a 7 Year on their SUV's you might start to believe Skoda have faith in their Products.

After all, if they are good and reliable for 7 years, they are not costing much in Warranty Claims.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

No need to look any further then.! Maybe go onto youtube and look at the great reviews from car journalists who know what they're talking about, and show me who else gives a full bumper to bumper 7 year warranty that is transferable as well .

I didn't think everything was covered for the full 7 years?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude maybe Skoda need some new blood in their styling department because imo theres not much new going on around styling and some of the "new" skoda range is looking a tad tired already.

• Like 1

Enough is Covered, and as much as Skoda Cover in 3 Years or when you pay to extend to 5.

They are better built anyway when compared to Skodas.

This is a Hyundai, but the same idea,

& the beauty of White is you could always earn some pin money on Saturdays with them.

• Like 1

I didn't think everything was covered for the full 7 years?

Yep everything is covered i made sure and talked about it to the sales guy for a good while. It being transferable is a great selling point if you want to sell private. That vauxhall "lifetime" warranty is only good to the first owner as long as he keeps the car but as soon as they sell the car the warranty ends and can not be transferred. 

The car has full 7 years for the whole car. When the warranty originally came out (on the cee'd) you are correct that after 3 years only the engine and drivetrain became covered. However after about 6 months Kia changed it to a full 7 years for everything. My Cee'd had a fair few bits done over the period I had it. It was turning 7 years old when I part exd it. Nothing was ever a problem and service was top notch.

• Like 2

Enough on here that gets you knocked back, and be sure with some items to get them resolved soon enough,

because before 1/2 a year is up, it is only Goodwill that gets some things done without cash passing to a Dealership.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf

Page 4 & 6.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I think you will find the 7 year warranty works on a sliding scale, so by year 3 or 4 not a lot is covered.

That's what I thought. A friend has a Jia Carens and had problem at just under 3 years. It later reoccurred and she was initially told is wasn't covered by the warranty, but after some argument they agreed to do it as the original fault had not been fully corrected.

The parts required were on back order so she ended up with a brand new Sorrento whilst she was waiting, which she didn't want to give back.

A bloke at work has a 2008 Kia ceed & kia has just replaced the engine f.o.c @ 98k due to the turbo failing & damaging the engine,he also had two doors replaced due to corrosion,a friend has a sportage & loves it,im very tempted by the kia proceed GT for my next car. 

No need to look any further then.!  Maybe go onto youtube and look at the great reviews from car journalists who know what they're talking about, and show me who else gives a full bumper to bumper 7 year warranty that is transferable as well .

Fine, but if you post on a one make forum of one of the competitors don't expect everyone to faun at your feet.

There might be some fine reviews on YouTube, but there are also lots of complaints on the caravanning forums of owners who are having severe problems with rear suspension not being adequate to tow a caravan, as there are also on the Kia forum. I am more inclined to believe a owner who actually uses a vehicle every day than a press bod who uses one for a week or so.

Ditto there are also owners complaining about the supposed 7 years warranty and the fact that as the vehicle gets older not everything is covered. I suggest you do a bit more research before you criticise others because they don't agree with you.

• Like 4

Even Skoda try to wriggle out of genuine warranty claims within their 3 year / 60,000 mile warranty. There is no reason to think KIA dealers won't try to do the same.

However, there is no sliding scale of reduced cover. It is a full 7 year or 100,000 mile warranty (mileage unlimited for first 3 years).

There terms and conditions can be viewed here...

http://www.kia.co.uk/~/media/pdf/warranty/kia%207%20year%20warranty%20terms%20and%20exclusions.ashx

"Some items have a natural limited life/durability and are therefore covered for less than 7 years. These items include (but are not restricted to) consumable parts such as worn windscreen wiper blades, clutch linings, etc. The vehicle battery is warranted for a period of 2 years. The audio/ navigation system is warranted for 3 years/60,000 miles and vehicle paint is warranted for 5 years/100,000 miles."

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

A bloke at work has a 2008 Kia ceed & kia has just replaced the engine f.o.c @ 98k due to the turbo failing & damaging the engine,he also had two doors replaced due to corrosion,a friend has a sportage & loves it,im very tempted by the kia proceed GT for my next car.

I love the look of the pro ceed gt

KIA Dealers, Hyundia Dealers like Skoda Dealers can try and say what they like,

They are the Agent doing the Work when Warranty Work is Approved,

and Staff can be lazy and disinterested, but they do not pay out, their jobs are being paid for from Cars sold Serviced and Warranty work.

I had a 2009 Hyundia i30 and got Wheels, Discs & Calipers replaced in the First Year because of corrosion,

i rejected it finally when there were more issues, and never lost out.

Quality has Improved.

I had a Picanto for 7 Years until this year, and it had Warranty Work done at 6 years old,

even though it came with only a 5 Year Warranty.

It turned out it was a known issue, but no Service Campaign or Recalls were issued.

So pleased that O.C.D. did not post in the Yeti Section.

No fawning happens there.

PS.

Quality of Pro_cee'd GT Discs & Brakes have not Improved that much.

Any can get Cosmetic Corrosion overnight, these can be nightmare though.

Bargains can be had on them, since they shift so few.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1