BLT egr delete help

CHENEY

I bought the delete from the group buy an im abit stumpped. ive read the fitting guide for the asz engine and i realise that the blanking plate gose on the manifold but the pipe that comes off it is attached to another system that cant just be pulled out like the guide says can anybody help me out here please.

This is wer i got to :(

20141005_182830.jpg

20141005_182809.jpg

Edited by CHENEY

You have an EGR cooler with it being a BLT engine. If I were you I'd whip it out (I did) and make things a whole lot simpler! You just need to re-route your coolant pipes when you remove it. It isn't a 5 minute job though and you will need to pretty much drain and refill your coolant system.

People have done the EGR delete and left the cooler in (they will probably drop by soon to provide input).

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

I just put the metal blank over that pipe and left it in place. Was a bit painful getting the bolt back on egr delete but i managed it, with the rubber pipe i just shoved a bolt in that put a cable tie round it and tucked it down back of engine

Before you go any further, you know you will need your engine management light mapped out after deleting the egr on a BLT don't you?

I can't for the life of me remember what there is in terms of bolts but it is relatively straight forward and logical if you take a look at the fitment. In terms of the coolant hoses, look where it goes in and comes out and just link the coolant pipes accordingly.

I'll have a dig to see what I have in terms of guides because I'm sure I referenced one when I deleted mine.

Thanks buddy much appreciated and yea i already had the egr blanked off on my remap.

Sam84 i thought about that but the corrigated pipe ive been told will burst eventually :(

Edited by CHENEY

I just put the metal blank over that pipe and left it in place. Was a bit painful getting the bolt back on egr delete but i managed it, with the rubber pipe i just shoved a bolt in that put a cable tie round it and tucked it down back of engine

I've read that those pipes can split if you blank them there, have you had any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From wot it seems like i need to remove the full egr cooling system an re route the cooling pipes that are attached to it seems a much bigger job than i expected :(

If you've put your blanking plate at the manifold then nothing will come out of that pipe anyway. You could just leave it all as it is so long as your delete kit still fits. You don't have to remove the cooler, the coolant will still flow around it as normal, it just won't be cooling any gas as there won't be any going in to it lol.

I'm just a bit OCD that's all, that's why I removed mine, coz it's a great hulking bit of metal at the back of the engine bay not doing anything once the egr is deleted.

Simple job. Dont be daunted by it.

Simply remove the cast alloy turbo inlet pipe (2x10mm bolts and a stupid spring clip)

undo the egr pipes from the inlet manifold (12/13mm socket. Be careful you pick right one)

And either leave the cooler unit on laying daument or remove the 2 or 3 allen bolts holding it on (7mm?)

Then pull off pipes and join them with eachother with clips and joins left behind (if your smart enough to get that far. The pipe joining will become clear and simple)

You will only need to top up the minimum amount of coolant. Especially if your quick fingered

take about ten to twenty mins depending on how nimble you are. And always best on a cold engine. If yiur removing cooler all together it will save time if you ever go fitting another turbo.

• Like 1

I've read that those pipes can split if you blank them there, have you had any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasnt aware of any issues with it spliting and up to now no ive had no issues, if it does i will sort it then!

Thanks for all the info guys ill give it another go wen its not rainin. If i blank the manifold and leave it all attached for now wont i need to blank the pipe end that attaches to the egr?

I wasnt aware of any issues with it spliting and up to now no ive had no issues, if it does i will sort it then!

So you just blanked at the pipe that attaches to the egr at the top? That's great if so, makes its loads easier!

So you just blanked at the pipe that attaches to the egr at the top? That's great if so, makes its loads easier!

Yeah that diamond shape pipe at the back underneath the egr, just put the plate on that, ive no pics as ive lost them. I just struggled to get the 3rd bolt underneath on as that pipework was in way but i managed it in end