Haters gonna hate - TopGear review (kind of)

I just read an article on TopGear website where they list the worst cars (that are on sale right now).

Surprised to see the Toledo in there, the only reason they give is not exactly descriptive. Anyone else have any more background on it?

I doubt TG have driven a Rapid or Toledo since the launch. At the time the suspension was pretty poor and ,viewed against list prices, so was the value.

In 2014 a full spec, and much improved, one can be picked up new for the original list of the low rent 1.2 mpi models.

On lighter note, at least 6 of the cars that I have owned, in my signature below, would get into the worst 20 of all time

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

And on a tv program designed to show you the fastest garishly laid out cars driven by people who haven't a clue about the real world what makes them think we give a monkeys? Hamster drives a Morgan 3 wheeler FFS, Pube hair used to own a Ford GT90

• Like 3

They have no interest in any of the cars mentioned, that's why they get rediculed, slated or whatever. To say they are the worse cars you can buy right now are a joke, I can most likely think of a few that are worse, and that would be my opinion only.

They are there after all to sell a magazine and want you to read there opinions on the web also, some get sucked into this, others ignore. I never listen or read their opinions on cars, motoring, etc rather get real folks on real forums like this opinions.

• Like 1

Top Gear is very entertaining if you go by the viewing figures.   The fact is that it has forgotten its heritage as a show for motoring and the motorist and now just exists as an animated verision of the lads' mags "Nuts" and "Zoo" - both publications have ceased to exist.

Fifth Gear is much more down to earth and reviews cars that the average Joe Blow can afford, rather than the "supercars" that exist to fuel the passions of the St Tropez / Monte Carlo set!

The best car reviews by far are the videos that Mat Watson does on Carbuyer.co.uk, which are great. They are sensible and measured and although quite amusing he doesn't try to be too clever.

I can't be bothered with Top Gear in any of its forms - it's just stupid and I particularly hate how Jeremy Clarkson is such a selfish individual who doesn't have any time for anyone other than himself. He hates cyclists, pedestrians, caravanners, foreigners, van drivers and so on, and doesn't have any redeeming qualities at all that I can see. Basically an obnoxious w*nker.

• Like 3

The best car reviews by far are the videos that Mat Watson does on Carbuyer.co.uk, which are great. They are sensible and measured and although quite amusing he doesn't try to be too clever.

I can't be bothered with Top Gear in any of its forms - it's just stupid and I particularly hate how Jeremy Clarkson is such a selfish individual who doesn't have any time for anyone other than himself. He hates cyclists, pedestrians, caravanners, foreigners, van drivers and so on, and doesn't have any redeeming qualities at all that I can see. Basically an obnoxious w*nker.

And he's always been one even as a junior journo on Fast Lane magazine 30 years ago.  His writing was as puerile as his behaviour has been ever since.

My kids are ashamed to be from the same town as that tw*t.

I haven'th watch Top Gear for a few years now. I find it offensive when they go on group drives in the likes of Lambos, Ferraris and Aston in obviously poverty stricken East European countries.

Feels like they are rubbing the locals faces in it.....unnecessary.

May is easily the best one particulary his own documentaries.

When I was driving up to the north of Scotland a couple of years ago I saw in the distance what turned out to be a camera van filming Clarkson in some stupid bright orange thing. They pulled over cos obviously they didn't want me in the shot. My first reaction when I passed him was what a huge head he had. It really is very large :o

• Like 2