Grill replacement coming next year.

a9e23eebf4c106ceb71c5c4db402a677_zpse801

6e586ea032b811dd922af433be02cf06_zps39ee

Only 3 days to my new Rapid Sport...

There is only one thing that I don't love about skodas and that's the moustache grills. Reminds me of Mr Potato Head. Lol

When the finance is all over and the car is mine, I will quite fancy one of these grills.

I've been looking into this too [emoji16]

I don't like the Chrome grille surround and the Monte Carlo surround isn't available yet so I'm going to Plastidip it for now.

I've done my Citigo Sport with a MC surround as its available for this [emoji106]

Every other day the Superskoda website seems to be adding new stuff for the Rapid. I'm not expecting the same range as they have for the Fabia or Octavia as I don't think that it will be as popular a car, at least not for a while but what they do have is quite impressive so far.

A grill surround is bound to be on the cards at some point

• Like 1

I am a total nonce when it comes to car DIY. Do you think the grill will need expert attention to fit?

If you're careful then it should be relatively straight forward. On my Honda I have about a dozen round push clips like these and two bolts that hold the bumper and grill onto the car then you can separate the grill from behind. I think most cars are similar nowadays. The time involved is making sure that you don't break the clips but you can get them on Ebay and should be able to buy them from the dealer.

On the Civinfo forum someone had managed to get a hold of and posted the "how to" sheet that the dealers get that give you step by step instructions how to remove the bumper so I just followed that. I'm sure Skoda must have something similar.

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

Rednaxela said: There is only one thing that I don't love about skodas and that's the moustache grills. Reminds me of Mr Potato Head. Lol

If you don't like the Rapid grill surely you should have bought a Toledo. :D

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Highly recommend the Amunsden. [emoji106]

thinking of more alpine or something aftermarket that does all the parking visuals and accepts the input from the mdi. Will add an amp I have lying around and will get some quality speakers (not that it's that bad but needs a little lift at the top end and a bit more tightness in the lower frequencies)
  • Like 1