Squeaky Seat

simon

My Vrs seems to have developed a very annoying squeaky drivers seat. Don't really notice it too much (Except when getting in, and round tight bends). Not at all with the tunes on. However since I am hardly a heavyweight guy and my car has only done 1500 miles I am a little annoyed.

I have read somewhere on briskoda that vrs seats are a tad prone to being crap so is it worth me taking it back to my dealer or is it just a case of getting what you pay for (mind you my old octavia never got squeaky seats)

Cheers

si

I had a load of grief with the driver's seat on my new 4x4 estate. First the dealer changed the foam in the backrest, but that did not cure the creaks (I was getting them under heavy braking or brisk starts from the lights - well, as brisk as one can be in a non Jabba'd car). Next visit the dealer dismantled the base and greased some part, that did the trick for two weeks then the creaks came back. Last visit I got a brand new base for the seat. Touch wood, it's been fine since. As well as that, I've had a lot of trouble with very squeaky window runners, and the rear wiper arm has had to be changed too.

Such a shame these superficial things have been so poor, I'm a big fan of the 4x4 as a car otherwise (some proper bolstering for the front seats wouldn't go amiss though). Can't say I'll be rating build quality that high when the car qualifies for a JD Powers survey.

Adam.

I can sympathise - in a previous life we had a Vauxhall (ahem) Corsa with a squeaky seat which drove me nuts. The cheeky git at the service desk was adament the seat was robust enough and hinted that maybe the problem was more to do with the owner (and there lardy ar5e I suppose). I didn't take offence mind you. The car was in the wife's name :slaproundbackofheadbymrssmilie:

My car has been looked at on Monday for the same problem; squeeky driver seat. They claimed they couldn't find anything so they just did something to try out if it gone away... it did, for a whole 10 seconds. It's going back in next Tuesday.

I don't have a problem with the build quality either, all I know is that when I test drove the car it hadn't had a squeek, but when I came to collect it, it had. And in that week they replaced the driver seat cover as they discovered that it was a bit worn at places. Easy to come to the conclusion that whatever they did back then caused the squeek.

No squeaks from my vRS seats after 10,000 miles - however, IMHO they are really uncomfortable over distance.........no matter how hard I try to find the right driving position I always end up half crippled after more than 2 hours behind the wheel.................my bleedin' Kawasaki's more comfortable over distance..............! Mind you, I'm a lanky streak at 6'5"...........;)

Originally posted by SamsterXX in this post

Fookin'-el Dave! 1600 notes each???? That means that just the two front seats alone make up 21% of the cost of a new vRS...............LOL.............don't you just love Skoda...................

Ah, but the retail price of parts bears no resemblance to the manufacturing cost. I seem to remember one of the car mags pricing up the cost of building a Micra from parts -came to about

It was my passenger seat that squeaked after about 5000 miles. The garage obviously had little idea and said it would 'wear in'. It did however take me about 5 minutes to fix it. - If the seat height lever on the side of the seat had not been pulled fully up or pushed fully down when adjusting the seat, it would squeak. My wife had a tendancy to not fully push/pull the lever either way when adjusting it and so it always seemed to squeak when she was sitting in it! :)

Originally posted by SamsterXX in this post

No squeaks from my vRS seats after 10,000 miles - however, IMHO they are really uncomfortable over distance.........no matter how hard I try to find the right driving position I always end up half crippled after more than 2 hours behind the wheel.................my bleedin' Kawasaki's more comfortable over distance..............! Mind you, I'm a lanky streak at 6'5"...........;)

I'm 6' 4.5" and have no complaints about comfort!

Regards: Jim Ford