VRS shopping....Again!

So a bit sooner than we had thought and hoped, we have been left shopping for another VRS :-(

Last week we were involved in a nasty RTC in my 9 week old Race Blue Mk 3 VRS.  We only collected it on the 9th August after having ordered it at the start of December last year.

Absolutely gutted, the car was a write off from the impact it endured but the fire brigade then needed to cut it up to get my wife out. 

Have added a piccy to this post, as you can see, it was quite a mess and quite an impact!

So, we are now shopping for a new one and have been struggling because of the things I wanted.  I had a race blue 2.0 tdi estate with variable boot floor, sunset glass, cruise, winter pack and spare wheel.

Because the 0% deal isnt there now, we've been really struggling but today, we have found a new one! And I would say we've actually done better (apart from the 0% finance part!)
So I've settled for a ex demo at the dealership in Black, 64 plate, its a DSG, and has all we had + Nav and silver roof rails! 
Just got to wait till December for it to be released to us!

post-63978-0-29252000-1414003686_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbyrnes82

Sorry to read about your bad news, sincerely hoping both you and your wife are now in good health.

Good news on the car, look forward to seeing her when you're ready.

• Like 1

The main thing is you are both ok. Shame about the car also but I hope you are happy with the new one. Did you have any GAP insurance?

Yes we did thankfully otherwise would be around £5,000 short.......

Wow that's a bloody huge impact. Glad to see you and the wife are safe! Cars can always be replaced!. I'm scared of this happening to us, because there is little to no stock in Australia, and a 6 month+ wait for a new car.

V nasty, glad you're OK. My thinking.....If someone had been sitting in the rear they'd probably not have come off too good as the bottom of the rear door appears to have been pushed right into the rear footwell.

Seeing this kind of thing really puts things into perspective, even a relatively large 5 star NCAP vehicle can fold up like a tin can if hit hard enough.

Had it been a smaller car with fewer airbags outcome would have been worse no doubt.

Edited by pipsyp

Outta interest, do I see rear air curtains too, only ak as I spec'd it on our car.

both side airbags deployed, I didn't add any extra airbags to my spec so its whatever is standard for the vrs

What happened? Hard to tell as the car has damage everywhere.

speeding car hit us side impact just past the b pillar on the drivers side rear spun the car 180 degrees the fire service did a full roof removal to get my wife out due to back and neck pain

V nasty, glad you're OK. My thinking.....If someone had been sitting in the rear they'd probably not have come off too good as the bottom of the rear door appears to have been pushed right into the rear footwell.

Seeing this kind of thing really puts things into perspective, even a relatively large 5 star NCAP vehicle can fold up like a tin can if hit hard enough.

Had it been a smaller car with fewer airbags outcome would have been worse no doubt.

you are absolutely spot on the intrusion on the rear door is severe were a very thankful we had no rear seat passenger or that the impact wasn't on the front door.

Wow. Side impacts are the hardest to protect from. The fact you walked away from what looks like a very severe accident is testament to the structural strength of modern cars. Hope your wife recovers quickly and you both don't have long term injuries.

• Like 1