Scout lead times?

Hi,

My Octavia Scout has been on order for about 3 weeks and as my company don't want it on the P & L for 2014 I can't take delivery until next year. Has anybody ordered a Scout recently and got an idea on approximate lead times?. I've gone for 150 with a few options like winter pack, park assist and electric seats so I guess this may affect things too.

At what point should I be able to get an update from dealership or SUK on where I am in system?

Cheers

Brucey

I ordered a Scout 184BHP DSG on the 14th of October and was given an optimistic BW 49, the only extra is a spare wheel.

I would like to think it will be true but will just have to wait and see, they are a very good dealer and know more than me!

Gomezz.

Hi Bill, I have ordered Corrida red,  we have been very happy with the 2ltr TDI 4x4 DSG but it sounds like there may be improvements to the DSG in the new one.

We use the car a lot for field archery which means we go through a fair bit of mud at times and it is great, looking forward to the increase in road power, though I am an old F*&t. :D

My dealer (Rainworth) has provided an on-line link as to when my Scout is scheduled which is currently week 2 next year which may be subject to change. Assuming this holds when do you reckon it would be at dealership roughly?

Quite pleased as options I've chosen seemed to have increased in price on configurator as Laser white now costs £175 and the folding mirrors have gone up £75 to £175. 

Any chance of being able to pass on the details of the online link ?

On the strength of Bill's pictures he posted, I went and ordered the Metallic grey colour - manual gearbox ( old fashioned i am). I will likely as not visit Shark for a remap shortly after taking delivery - as i did with my current MK11 (which i will be keeping)

I think the link "Track my Skoda" is specific to the Rainworth / Bickerton dealership, as yet it show's no info for me but the dealer tells me  BWk 48.

I ordered 14th Oct.

Got a call from the dealer today, my Scout has a locked in BW48.

So all is as the dealer ( Rainworth ) told me at the point of order, top marks, and no bull.

This is my third Octavia from them and they have been the most honest and reliable people I have dealt with, I am not related. :D

• 1 month later...

My build week is confirmed now as week 52 which presumably means next week ahead of any shut down for Xmas. Getting very excited now at owning my first Skoda but hoping with the dates involved, I don't end up with the proverbial 'friday afternoon' car!!!

Had the car for a few days now and it's great, the Amundsen sat nav is a big improvement over the last one, the hands free phone and voice control are good.

The power geez, when it's run in it will be scary :D and by then the MPG will hopefully have improved, only done around 160mls @ 36mpg on maxi !

In Corrida red it's a Fire Engine :rofl:

Had the car for a few days now and it's great, the Amundsen sat nav is a big improvement over the last one, the hands free phone and voice control are good.

The power geez, when it's run in it will be scary :D and by then the MPG will hopefully have improved, only done around 160mls @ 36mpg on maxi !

In Corrida red it's a Fire Engine :rofl:

I'm in Sheffield but often around the Worksop area so I'll keep an eye for you.  

Yes please to pictures too as not actually seen a 'new' Scout on the roads yet.

Quick question re. Hands free if I may, does it automatically pull all phone contacts across once the phone is paired initially?

I will try to get pics when I get time, and when I have figured how to do it.

Yes all the phone contacts go to the car, and for a tech muppet all is simple, though Steve at Rainworth did set it up for me. :notme: