Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

Looking at the pictures got me wondering if anyone has the UK sales broken down into colours? On Club Lupo they had used to have the breakdown for the 995 GTIs sold in the UK 1999 to 2005.

Just like to say it was great to meet a few of you on Saturday, all very nice people as well.

There was a nice array of colours too!

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the fabias give the others a good run for the money. What cracking little cars we have!

Hope to meet up again in the future and if work permits, maybe stop over next time.

Cheers  :cocktail:

Edited by bingo765
  • Like 3

That's Hamilton Park and there wasn't actually any racing there today - was meeting someone there to get my annual member's badge back as I'm going on Wednesday.

Stopped off at Market Rasen on the way home from Santa Pod and got a couple of winners there - should have been three winners but managed to get my horses mixed up in the first...(and that was me sober!).

I had a card from the postman,

2 items to collect at the Post Office and sign for,

so my main concern currently is NIP's from when driving in England last week.

But it was not those yet, if any are on there way.

Just a Parking Penalty Notice for £60 from a Pub Grub / Eatery type Car park which shares an entrance with a hotel i was staying in.

&

a nice Skoda Presentation Pen from Jonathan at Skoda UK Events as a gesture just because he could not find a Skoda Motorsport Jacket in my size.

Once again i must thank him and the others for making everything.

& a big thanks to Gumby.

Now where is the Picture of everyone gathered in front of the Skoda Display Stand?   Anyone got one?

Edited by goneoffSKi

The Solid Red in The Factory Shop or Home Bargains is a pretty good match. 2 for £1.  maybe get a Silver for the wheels.

That is just for a quick touch up if you do not want to get some Skoda Red Touch up Mixed at a Motor Factors.

SKO 8151 'Corrida Red'.

Shake very very very well & then use a pin / needle / coc-ktail stick to drop paint into chip.  

Or just use the Nail Varnish, and wipe off if not right..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

?

Did anyone go up against the Clio RS 1.6t 200 EDC

What times did you get, and what did the Renault get.?

I am getting a road test in a Clio RS 220 Trophy, and while talking with a couple of salespeople

(one was a woman)

They thought it really funny that i should say that the wee fabia standard was faster than the 197 bhp Clio like was sitting in the showroom.

Yet i have driven 2 previously, and met ones on the road and know for certain they are.

?

Is there a Video of a vRS vs a Clio at Santa Pod.?  If you could post it before next week please.

thanks.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I went up against the Clio 1.6T. It beat me but only because I completely fluffed my start. It's time on that run wasn't all that amazing. I bettered it later in the day. I'll dig out the timing slip when I get home from work.

• Like 1

?

Did anyone go up against the Clio RS 1.6t 200 EDC

What times did you get, and what did the Renault get.?

I am getting a road test in a Clio RS 220 Trophy, and while talking with a couple of salespeople

(one was a woman)

They thought it really funny that i should say that the wee fabia standard was faster than the 197 bhp Clio like was sitting in the showroom.

Yet i have driven 2 previously, and met ones on the road and know for certain they are.

?

Is there a Video of a vRS vs a Clio at Santa Pod.? If you could post it before next week please.

thanks.

george

Clio 1.6T ran a 14.9 when I was up against it George, just checked the timing slip. I did 15.2 in that run which was my worst of the day :-(

• Like 1