Good 'all season' tyres?

fabiamk2SE

Im looking into some all season tyres for my 2013 fabia HTP. Its on 195/55 r15's.

How long they last isnt a massive problem as i only do around 10k miles a year in it.

I want something that grips better in cold wet weather, but is hard enough for some decent summer driving too (is that too much to ask?)

I also want them to be nice and quiet.

And suggestions?

Cheers :).

Cheers! Have you got these mate?

What are they like in summer? Did you notice the steerings less responsive or anything?

I cant decide whether all seasons or summer tyres would be more suitable.

Its soo confusing haha.

Cheers! Have you got these mate?

What are they like in summer? Did you notice the steerings less responsive or anything?

I cant decide whether all seasons or summer tyres would be more suitable.

Its soo confusing haha.

Bird ran them on her MkV Golf PD140 for years, I found them very good in all conditions TBH. Got the M&S (Mud and Snow, not the other one) marking so legal in Continental Europe as winter tyres. I'd buy again.

• Like 1

Bird ran them on her MkV Golf PD140 for years, I found them very good in all conditions TBH. Got the M&S (Mud and Snow, not the other one) marking so legal in Continental Europe as winter tyres. I'd buy again.

Thankyou :)

Just reading reviews on them and they seem to be good.

This just might be what im after.

Maybe give it till after christmas though, at £407 fitted haha.

Cheers again

• Like 1

Im looking into some all season tyres for my 2013 fabia HTP. Its on 195/55 r15's.

How long they last isnt a massive problem as i only do around 10k miles a year in it.

I want something that grips better in cold wet weather, but is hard enough for some decent summer driving too (is that too much to ask?)

I also want them to be nice and quiet.

And suggestions?

Cheers :).

Got these on our HTP http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/nexen-n-priz-4s-195-55-r15-85-h#75131842

Feel really good.

• Like 1

M+S means nothing regarding winter performance. It is a self-certified stamp that just means the tread is a certain % open. The formula of the rubber and/or sipes are not taken into account at all. The mountain and snowflake logo means the tyre is actually certified to a minimum level of performance in wintry conditions.

Are they just a winter tyre though?

I've run winters all year round before. I obviously found them brill in winter but in summer i found them wanting. Too soft compound, squealing around corners n that.

This is why i thought 4 seasons would be more suitable (:

Do you run these all year round? :)

Are they just a winter tyre though?

I've run winters all year round before. I obviously found them brill in winter but in summer i found them wanting. Too soft compound, squealing around corners n that.

This is why i thought 4 seasons would be more suitable (:

Do you run these all year round? :)

all seasons tyres

• Like 1

Just reading through this..

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2011-Auto-Bild-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm

As noise level is quite important. (Im going to fully sound deaden the car with dynamat at some point too) i think the Goodyear vector 4 seasons is winning for me so far, with a close second to the one that i cant remember how to spell, which is recommended above and sounds german haha

Another vote for the Goodyear Vectors. I put them on SWMBO's i10 after fitting winter wheels to the Yeti, as her annual mileage of 5K doesn't really justify two sets of tyres. They were initially a little noisier than the summer tyres, but after a week or so you couldn't tell. Extremely good in the snow and wet, and no noticeable issues in the dry. They don't grip as well as the Yeti's tyres, but 225 vs 175 is a bit of a giveaway as to why :)

• Like 1

Another vote for the Goodyear Vector 4seasons. I've had these on my car for 12k miles. Still plenty of tread left and decent grip in both summer and winter. I've found them to be particularly good in the wet, dealing well with standing water. Mine are 185/60/14 so not exactly a wide tyre. Seemed to be quite sure-footed in slippery conditions too.

• Like 1

I've gone for Kleber Quadraxers (available in your size), which are all-season 'mountain and snowflake'.  Only a couple of thousand miles on them so far - early days but no problems.  Seem quite happy in the wet (some of it very wet!) and the nice blocky tread cuts through the pulverised autumn leaves on our country lanes.  At around £90 a corner (fitted) they are significantly cheaper than the popular Vreds and Goodyears but Kleber is under the Michelin umbrella so quality wouldn't seem to be in doubt.  Handling feels tauter than the Continentals they replaced (despite being the oft-derided 16" size).  They are rated as 71dB which is quiet enough for me, anyway! 

I don't 'do' recommendations, but personally I'm very pleased with them so far.  They're not a well-known make (yet?) but the local fitter says they are handling more Klebers nowadays.  There are two Quadraxer versions; the one C-rated for the wet is a pound or two more expensive than the E-rated alternative (why two?  who knows?!) but to me at least in this respect safety comes first but a very long way. 

• Like 1

I'll be using Maxxis MAZ1 over the winter.  Just fitted brand new ones to the front.  I doubt there'll be any real long periods of time where I will benefit from winters,  Even tonight in temps of sub 4 degrees around Dartmoor, the Z1s were fine, even without really being scrubbed in yet - 40 miles done tops.

• Like 1

Vredestein Quatracs

I was going to suggest them too.

We've used Quatrac 2 and 3s on our other Fabia and were great in snow. Narrow 185 probably helped too. Looking at your size on Mytyres they not only sell 3s (£70 delivered each), but the newer 5s and Quatrac 'Lites' for £80.

Alternatively, you could buy winter tyres and run them all year round. If you do, these seem a great bargain. http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=28599914.110.18812&sowigan=Wi&Breite=195&Quer=55&Felge=15&Speed=&Load=&kategorie=6&Marke=&ranzahl=4&tyre_for=PKW&x_tyre_for=&m_s=3&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=brand&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&filter_preis_bis=&filter_preis_von=&homologation=&search_tool=standard&Label=F-C-68-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-241217

• Like 1

I don't think you will find noise an issue.

Bridgestone A001 are also well rated and a decent price.

I have fitted them on my Volvo this October. They are quiet, steer well were £10 less than Quatracs from my local indy 205 55 16 £85 fitted.

Tyre leader seem to have good prices although I haven't used them I did quote their prices to my local place.

I would far rather use a local indy tyre place than a chain or online place.

Look at the tyre shops the online places get your tyres fitted at and go direct to them.

Fot the type of car you are "Tyreing" you won't go far wrong with any of the mid or top end brands.

Sometimes we (especially me) are guilty of overthinking what doesn't need to be overthunk!

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-195-55-15/?filter_m=&filter_s=S&filter_t=&lgripAll=on&lwetAll=on&lnoiseAll=on&orderby=pop

I was going to suggest them too.

We've used Quatrac 2 and 3s on out other Fabia and were great in snow. Narrow 185 probably helped too. Looking at your size on Mytyres they not only sell 3s (£70 delivered each), but the newer 5s and Quatrac 'Lites' for £80.

Alternatively, you could buy winter tyres and run them all year round. If you do, these seem a great bargain. http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=28599914.110.18812&sowigan=Wi&Breite=195&Quer=55&Felge=15&Speed=&Load=&kategorie=6&Marke=&ranzahl=4&tyre_for=PKW&x_tyre_for=&m_s=3&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=brand&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&filter_preis_bis=&filter_preis_von=&homologation=&search_tool=standard&Label=F-C-68-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-241217

Thanks for the recommendation :).

I've run winters all year round before and although very good in the winter (obviously) i found them wanting when the temps got higher

Sliding around corners with a big squeal on the go was the result.

Just do with a better all rounder this time i think.

I'm not too fussed for snow performance as we only get a few days a year anyway. Its the ice and low temps that puts me off a summer tyre. The climate spends a lot of time below 7 degrees here for long periods of time.

:)

I don't think you will find noise an issue.

Bridgestone A001 are also well rated and a decent price.

I have fitted them on my Volvo this October. They are quiet, steer well were £10 less than Quatracs from my local indy 205 55 16 £85 fitted.

Tyre leader seem to have good prices although I haven't used them I did quote their prices to my local place.

I would far rather use a local indy tyre place than a chain or online place.

Look at the tyre shops the online places get your tyres fitted at and go direct to them.

Fot the type of car you are "Tyreing" you won't go far wrong with any of the mid or top end brands.

Sometimes we (especially me) are guilty of overthinking what doesn't need to be overthunk!

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-195-55-15/?filter_m=&filter_s=S&filter_t=&lgripAll=on&lwetAll=on&lnoiseAll=on&orderby=pop

Cheers mate :).

Yeah I'll be going around all the locals to find the best price once I've found the tyres i want :).

I do defo over think. I like to buy the very best i can whenever im buying something. Its an expensive habit but i like to have the best haha. Especially when it comes to tyres. I spend £300 a set on the motorbike tyres. I like to think theyve given me grip at times other tyres perhaps wouldnt.

Cheers for the link below too. Another one for me to read up on hahs.

Crikey. This is keeping me busy haha.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/falken/euroallseason-as200/195-55-r15-85h-257453

worth a look maybe?

Over the years I think I have become a tyre geek sorry!

I know going slightly off-topic but, have you or anyone else used Tyreleader? They seam a lot cheaper than other internet tyre places (Camskil, MyTyres, etc.)

If so are/were they brand new tyres as I've noticed they are selling 3 year old (DOT 2011) tyres very cheaply.