Felicia Pickup 1.8T Conversion Project at Horton SKODA!

Hi All,

We have just started a project to convert a 2000 X Felicia Pickup into a track day monster!

Transplanting a 1.8T engine, gearbox, suspension, interior and anything else it needs from an 2003 Octavia vRS 1.8T into a Felicia Pickup we sold originally back in 2000 to a local owner, who still had it from new until very recently!

The project will be led by SKODA Technician of the Year, our Master Technician, Darren and assisted by the rest of the Horton SKODA workshop crew and will be ready for Spring

We will be posting regular updates on our website www.hortonskoda.co.uk YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF6hco0wo_SCqoOTySxHnIA and our Facebook page.

Watch this space!

• Like 4

Excellent, the biggest moment you have is the "will it fit" doubt, so yes it will, but it is a challenging fit, I would recommend swapping the turbo for one from an in line mounted engine so the down pipe comes out the side rather than right next to the steering rack. Get the engine as far over to the drivers side as possible and as far back as it will go.

The enthusiasm in the lads gives me no doubt as to whether it will fit, but how far we can take it, all projects are possible but the attitude in the workshop is, "once it's in, what next?", don't think its going to be a run of the mill engine change, gearbox,running gear, will also be part of the initial project, it's where we go from there that will make it stand out from others.

Got to make sure everyone can see it from the waiting room window though, don't go and hide it in the far corner (where it was in the video?), Whats happening to the Octy?, Is Oliver going to sell it, or whats left of it?

Depends on what the boss says, but he's got a few old Skods lying round the place and if this one turns out right we will definitely do another and if the finished article is as good as Darren says it will be, you never know we could always take on commissions!  

i want to do the same project with my felicia estate. 1.8 20v 225cv from tt with a six gear , gearbox from tt 180cv ... but i think i have to change the elettronic injection because the original injection from 225cv is a piece of sh.t 

(my english is soo bad)

That is something I really regret doing now, i used an 02a box from a mk3 golf becuase it was all I could find at the time, I should have held out till I could lay my hands on a proper 1.8T gearbox. First and second gears are both too short, I might swap the box out for another 02a from a mk3 golf Tdi.

although I must say that the relatively short gearing from the mk3 golf Gti gearbox does make the acceleration faster at the expense of running out of revs at high speed. Mine is bouncing off the Rev limter at about 125mph.