side exit exhaust

SKYHAWK

Pics of Devonutopias in his work thread.

fit a non vRS bumper and backbox, the tailpipe's aimed at the ground ;)

Pretty sure that would cause a restriction running a 2260 :)

I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow Steve.

I'm really happy with mine. John's mapping is great anyway, but during the tweaking process the car was a bit smokey at first. Run it like this for a week and hardly a soot mark on the car! It hasn't caught once on speed bumps either. I have a single box in it and it's a nice volume. Quiet when pootling about, but reasonably loud on boost. Not as loud as my old Piper system thankfully!!

If you're smoking so badly that you're having to wash the back of the car I would get the mapping looked at or look at possibly changing the injectors for something more in keeping with the mapping. Heavy particulates in the exhaust is excess fuel which is just waste. And even at £1.23 a gallon these days it just seems crazy to waste diesel.

If you're smoking so badly that you're having to wash the back of the car I would get the mapping looked at or look at possibly changing the injectors for something more in keeping with the mapping. Heavy particulates in the exhaust is excess fuel which is just waste. And even at £1.23 a gallon these days it just seems crazy to waste diesel.

I wish it was £1.23 a gallon!!

• Like 2

As per my last comment, it's not smoking badly. In fact, it's super clean - the cleanest it's ever been in fact! However, even though it's super clean, it will always smoke slightly on WOT. If you actually use your car properly, then you WILL get some sort of build of soot on your boot from the aerodynamic vortex at the back. Unless of course you wash your car twice a week!

As per my last comment, it's not smoking badly. In fact, it's super clean - the cleanest it's ever been in fact! However, even though it's super clean, it will always smoke slightly on WOT. If you actually use your car properly, then you WILL get some sort of build of soot on your boot from the aerodynamic vortex at the back. Unless of course you wash your car twice a week!

My comment was aimed at the OP - steveopc who was complaining that he wanted to stop having to wash his car all the time because of the soot. And I've had several massively tuned TDis, none of which made the back of the car dirty. I might well have missed out on the last 10bhp because I refused to overfuel to the extent that it would become a real smoker, but the fact remains it's just wasting diesel if it's making soot because the air isn't there to give proper combustion, so you may as well turn the fuel back a fraction.

My comment was aimed at the OP - steveopc who was complaining that he wanted to stop having to wash his car all the time because of the soot. And I've had several massively tuned TDis, none of which made the back of the car dirty. I might well have missed out on the last 10bhp because I refused to overfuel to the extent that it would become a real smoker, but the fact remains it's just wasting diesel if it's making soot because the air isn't there to give proper combustion, so you may as well turn the fuel back a fraction.

Ah apologies my bad - thought it was aimed at me!

Completely agree about the soot. You'll always get a small amount on heavily tuned diesels though from what I've seen over the years. I too would rather a bit less power and clean running if it was an 'either or' situation. I think with the Fabia's it's the strange aerodynamics that don't help matters with the soot. So even a small amount gets swirled up and sticks to the boot. Granted it may take a week or so, but there will be a light coating if you wipe your finger over the boot.

• 8 months later...