Steering Wheel From Superb 2 Fl

Lol understood!

I was thinking that the Octavia prefl has the same electronic and functionality setup as the MK5.

I have an aftermarket stereo and it has MFSW connection so the steering wheel maybe compatible as you can program the stereo however what Im understanding is that it may not be coded VCDS. Is that correct?

There ia no written warranty that the aftermarket stereo will work with the MFSW of anny kind. You just need to give it a try... but could end up with a MFSW that will not work at all or properly.

This is not coding related at all.

But to give so much monney for no warranty ?

I have retrofit that same MFSW that you have listed in my wife car Superb 2 with no pain and work fine.

Check my posts...

Tested it in my Octavia also, same as yours (RS TDI preFL PD 170), not working...

If you woukd get your sel a FL RS O2 then this retrofit is straight forward and will work fine.

Thank you all for your contribution in clearing this up!

So my shopping list now:

FL Speedo with Maxidot

Airbag from Octavia 3 (5E0 880 201B IZY)
Superb MF Buttons (5E0 919 719F)
Superb cable (5E0 971 584)
Multi Function Controller (1K0 953 549CH)

I'd better start saving! :D

Thank you all for your contribution in clearing this up!

So my shopping list now:

FL Speedo with Maxidot

Airbag from Octavia 3 (5E0 880 201B IZY)

Superb MF Buttons (5E0 919 719F)

Superb cable (5E0 971 584)

Multi Function Controller (1K0 953 549CH)

I'd better start saving! :D

Yes...

You are boss of your monney ;)

A cluster like this .etc

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151866812132&alt=web

But all this you can arrange with member Eddie-NL as he is able to retrofit it for you, and maybe a source one for you. (tools and skills are needed for this).

Also I believe that you can arrange a MFSW with him also... ;)

Edited by Nickolaidis

haha, thanks.

How can you tell if a FL cluster has Maxidot?

I found this one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-Speedometer-2012yr-1-6-Diesel-37k-Instrument-Cluster/111901101080?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3Ddb7283c10d2f4cb4b88d2a069504ccf7%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D401062536633

It would depend on Eddie's availablity and also when I could make do a 400 mile round trip!

Edited by Awesam

How can you tell if a FL cluster has Maxidot?

It's easy, look at the last segment of the part number:

- 803 KPH non-maxidot

- 903 MPH non-maxidot

- 843 KPH maxidot

- 943 MPH maxidot

The one you posted http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111901101080 looks to be a non-maxidot. The pre-FL and FL use a different connector for the cluster so you'd also need to factor in an adaptor and possibly new transponders in your keys if I remember correctly.

Just so you're aware, different revisions of the maxidot support different features. It probably won't make much difference to you but for others looking to install a retrofit it might be useful.

If you intend to use any of the following then you should aim for a newer cluster with SW 06xx installed or find one with SW 04xx and update it to 06xx (will need eeprom reprogramming afterwards).

- direct TPMS

- PLA 2.0

- premium bluetooth/wifi icons

I think there are a couple of other minor changes too but the above are the bigger ones.