Citigo Elegance Self Locking Doors

Fionat29

So, as far as I am aware, according to the manual which I am still studying, once you get over 20mph? my doors should lock themselves. Having tested this by opening the window and attempting to open the door from the outside (husband was driving, don't panic!) I can state as a fact that the door does open. So is this something that needs setting up with a computer at the dealers? I know you could change the settings on our old Land Rover using a computer and I know our old Smart car locked the doors once you got rolling, so is this something that should be happening on the Citigo?

Thanks in advance for any help, I've only had it for 5 days so it's all very new!

This was discussed in a thread somewhere on the forum. Can't remember whether someone has actually had it activated but my Elegance isn't and wasn't from new. Never really thought about having it done.

I had a test drive in a car today which suprised me when the the doors auto locked, it was never mentioned in the brochure, a bonus, not a Skoda either but a close relation.

My citigo SE has this, I do believe it set's below the 20mph speed limit, I think my activates after 5mph (will check this tomorrow) this was activated via a VCDS, the way it works is you can clearly hear the car locking, like when you use the FOB, then when you take the car key out it auto unlocks, or auto unlocks when you open the car door, it doesn't deactivate until you do that, or override it with the unlock controls on the drivers side switches on the door, hope that helps give a little more insight

Edit - I might actually make a quick video to show it in action

Just got brand new replacement Elegance and this has 'Safe Locking' as its displayed on the instrument panel. Locks doors above certain speed and then unlocks them when ignition turned off. 

It's 9km/hr that it locks at and its was not a UK Skoda standard fitment. You can get it done with VAGcom (well on 2013 models).

safe locking and the icon of a book is to do with locking the car when its stationary e.g. dead locks the doors. (Page 25 Citigo manual 2012)

Surely you could use the door lock button on the driver's armrest?

Yes, but there's the addition of remembering to do it every journey, I myself find it more convenient to not have to worry about doing it each time, just needing to remember to unlock the doors when giving the boss a lift to work on occasions