Headlight bulb recommendations please

APJ

RING Bulbs are superb, I have them in mine and also SWMBO's Leon FR, give a superb light for a halogen nice and white and a better output [to my eye at least] than the OSRAM night breakers. I had them in my Fabia VRS before changing to the Octy, so they are about a year old, the ones in the wifes car are about 18/20 months old.

This.

I've had a pair 120% bulbs in for a year and no failures yet.

Cheaper than the other popular uprated bulbs, too.

This.

I've had a pair 120% bulbs in for a year and no failures yet.

Cheaper than the other popular uprated bulbs, too.

Another vote for Ring 120% didnt get round to using them in my last VRS but used them in a Saab and a Volvo before that and lasted well (especially considering the rate Volvo's burn through bulbs)

Well I stuck a new pair of night breaker unlimited gold things last year at the start of winter. One popped tonight so managed a whole winter.

I have under my desk at work a full London colour hid non canbus type kit, it has sat there just over a year as I do not know anyone to do the coding and also heard a few horror stories about messed up ECU's running hid kits.

Now not sure which way to go, just stuck 1x standard lamp in tonight to replace the broken osram.

Edited by Defenderben

Got round to fitting the Osram Nightbreakers over the weekend - didn't realise it was going to be such a job with having to remove the headlamp units. Still, followed the how to guide so took about 30 mins all in. Could probably do it in 10 now!

The Osrams seem quite a bit brighter then the standard fit. but then I have got 2 working lights instead of 1 now!   Cant really see how it's 130% better though.  Still, they seem to do the job ok.

Went out lunchtime and removed both my headlights 10 mins later had HID kit fitted, that has been sat under my desk for over 12 months (all inside the headlamp). Re-connected the headlights and switched on...Ta Dah both working fine just waiting for the lamp error to pop up on the maxi dot or for a failure now.

I thought I had to re-code the car before I could run the HID's having just removed the H7 halogens?

I'm happy to run with an error on the dash for now.

Wish all manufactures made their cars with such an easy headlight removal/replacement lamp...a single plastic retaining nut and a lever just so quick and simple!

Edited by Defenderben

For those who are not looking to fit hid's and want halogens i've just bought a pair of the philips xtreme vision bulbs for my main beam. These are the new model which are why you will see some very cheap ones on ebay and some at £20-£30

Once they are fitted I shall review them, from what ive seen they look a promising improvement on the bulbs i have now

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec249814

This is a non canbus kit as required, with the slimline ballasts that fit inside the headlight casings. And a bargain at just £26.

Mike

Are these for 08 pre-fl also? Will these fit nicely inside casing?

That is the same kit that I fitted yesterday..mine are 5000k.

TBH I wish I did it a year ago but was given a bit of duff info regarding coding them.

I have used them last night and tonight and cannot believe how good they are and not a single flash from anyone, the beam pattern is pretty much the same as my night breakers.

Well I've been reading up and it looks like my hid kit is coming out :(

No matter how much I like my white light and it looks just like the same beam pattern; the law states unless my headlight was designed and e marked for hid then it is illegal to use on a public highway :(

Looks like a set of Phillips extreme are on the cards and back to lamps lasting a year or so.