Parking on the tram tracks......

AndyC

i've got 2 parking tickets in my life - one for parking in residents only space outside my buddys house in edinburgh wen overnighting for a flight. Ticket time 906am. I left at 915... Other was for accidently parking in a loading bay... Had gone around the block twice, a car pulled out, i parked up. Came back 6mins later with change for PnD machine, ticket on window, then i saw the f'ing sign.... Gutted. Ive never parked on a live railway/tramline tho.... What a muppet, and i know its generalising, but its exactly the behaviour i expect to see from a gender... Driving a "trendy" marque car...

We have our own crap parking page:

https://www.facebook.com/parkingllanidloes

SO parking problems are pretty mild up your way then, I regularly see cars parked on junctions, parked facing the wrong way on a one way street, parked across car park entrances; my favourites were;

A BMW parked on the zigzags outside of a school for a WEEK without being ticketed -I even SPOKE to a retard (sorry - CSO), and pointed to the car, and requested he report it.

A Golf parked blocking the coach bay outside the Malvern Winter Gardens theatre all day during Panto season, so all the school children had to be unloaded onto the road.

A Wayne Rover parked across a school car park entrance (and on the zig zags) for 6 hours, despite there being free parking spaces as far as the eye could see in both directions.

White Van Man parking across a pedestrian crossing so he could get as close to the pizza parlour as possible, before going to place his order.

A Blue badge holder parking in the middle of a busy roundabout during the Christmas feeding frenzy, and wandering off to the shops (City Walls Road in Worcester)

Edited by GentleGiant

Correct, but then I dont have any access to public transport to take me to places where I cant park

Yeah, it's the same here, my wife is used to living in a city where you can jump on a tram and get anywhere with a few connections across the city or to the adjoining cities.  In Leominster, there is not even a bus to Worcester, 25 miles away-only a train which goes miles around, takes forever and cost £££.

I try to park responsibly and I drive coaches so understand how frustrating it is when people park stupidly and block the place up.  Double yellows are essential in many places, but not in others and I take a view on whether stopping for a few seconds to post a letter or pick up a part is reasonable given the particular circumstances and time of day-as the rules can't be applied to be 100% correct at all times of the day and night, but are a good cheap way of stopping chaos for most of the time.

For example, in our town, there is a run of parking spaces then 25m of double yellows which could easily have been more spaces as the area does not block access or create problems if parked in.  According the local parking enforcers, the lines were done like this to allow several vehicles to load/unload swiftly when needed, so pulling onto them on a Sunday morning to get a paper when it is dead quiet is not much of a sin.

I am not a robot who will follow rules unquestioningly, I look at the relevance and make a decision.  I've never had a ticket in my life and never caused a problem with doing it.

That said, being honest I could quite easily have done the same as the Mini driver; if I was stressed and under huge pressure to get something done I would not think of trams or tram clearance as I've never lived anywhere with them (apart from when in Poland).

I suppose I'm a hypocrite as I will moan at others doing things I would do under a different set of circumstances on a different day  :D

I still just can't believe anyone can claim they've NEVER once stopped on double yellows, EVER  :o  

Especially when so many places are just blanketed in them for daft reasons (like making people have to use the car park and pay rather than park free) when there is no real need  :x

I still just can't believe anyone can claim they've NEVER once stopped on double yellows, EVER  :o  

Especially when so many places are just blanketed in them for daft reasons (like making people have to use the car park and pay rather than park free) when there is no real need 

Mender, I appreciate your honesty but I can honestly say I can never recall having parked on double yellows or in a P&C or disable bay. But then I do live in a small village (200 or so house), the main town as a population of 6000 so I can park and walk anywhere i want with relative ease and I absolutely hate driving in the city  so tend to park and ride if I am forced to go there!

s

I am no angle or believer that every rule is right or must be followed but try not to inconvenience other in anything I do

• Like 1

I would've thought the two big metal rails that she drove over are a good sign that there might be a tram or something like that?

Why particularly? There's one place in my home town where there are rails let into the road, for a rail siding that's been disused for over 30 years, leading to a factory that was demolished 20 years ago.

Why particularly? There's one place in my home town where there are rails let into the road, for a rail siding that's been disused for over 30 years, leading to a factory that was demolished 20 years ago.

The photos don't show it, but there is a dirty great tram stop literally 20 yards from where she parked her car, no way she could have missed it.

Edited by samj2013

No one mentioned obstructing a footpath.  I was sure that was an offence - or has it changed?

In Frankfurt the car would have been pushed out the way by the tram - but they are built like panzers.

They don't have many tow zones in Frankfurt, but if you leave you car in one it will be gone.  To a place far far away, way beyond the end of public transport.