PID and stereo problems

bobbertandsammy

Well my wee citigo black edition is going back to the dealers tomorrow morning with some issues. Get terrible stuttering during Bluetooth streaming, sounds crackling out the passenger side speakers and the stereo is constantly trying to change to portable even when you want the radio! To top it all off the radio reception is garbage. Has anyone gotten the PID to work properly or am I doomed to this for the next 3 years?

When we got our first citigo sport we had problems with the PID unit. Got it replaced after dealer confirmed no problem with the car or connection point.

Worth mentioning - the replacement I was given didn't work straight out the box! So they can be faulty, glad to say we've not had any problems since.

Remember it's under warranty as part of the car so dealer should fix.

• Like 1

When we got our first citigo sport we had problems with the PID unit. Got it replaced after dealer confirmed no problem with the car or connection point.

Worth mentioning - the replacement I was given didn't work straight out the box! So they can be faulty, glad to say we've not had any problems since.

Remember it's under warranty as part of the car so dealer should fix.

What problems did you have? Currently experiencing loss of bluetooth myself. When you press the phone symbol nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem? .

Yes sounds similar, bluetooth either wouldn't connect at all or would constantly lose connection. Same with music, would play then drop out. Don't let the dealer fob you off with some excuse, if it's faulty they should replace it.

if it is stuttering that could be a Bluetooth settings on the phone, my windows phone has a tick box on the Bluetooth setting "use alternate Bluetooth audio connection"  which resolved the stutter

if you are having issues with audio cutting out on one side, check the mount, unplug the pid, remove the mount from the dash by pushing the button on it as you remove it, check for dirt on the connector, replace and makesure firmly attached, replace pid and retry BT audio

• Like 1

if it is stuttering that could be a Bluetooth settings on the phone, my windows phone has a tick box on the Bluetooth setting "use alternate Bluetooth audio connection"  which resolved the stutter

if you are having issues with audio cutting out on one side, check the mount, unplug the pid, remove the mount from the dash by pushing the button on it as you remove it, check for dirt on the connector, replace and makesure firmly attached, replace pid and retry BT audio

I had all the same issues, Bluetooth stuttering, unreliable, etc.  Tried resetting the phone, the PID, re-pairing, unpairing, etc. etc. until eventually I worked out that it's down to a loose connection on the PID itself - whenever the Bluetooth starts stuttering I just give the PID a bit of a wiggle and suddenly the connection is good again and the stuttering stops.  I took the PID off (base unit too), gave all the contacts a clean, and now the stuttering doesn't seem to happen any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a full day with Parks Skoda in Hamilton they say there is no fault and they could not replicate the issues. Happened twice within 2 miles on the way home. Have emailed Skoda regarding this as I can't keep taking it back and leaving it for days at a time. Suggestion was that I video the fault using my phone when it happens - quality legal advice there! You'd think they would have just changed the bloody unit. Anyhow, does anyone here know if I change the headunit to an after market one will the PID still display my trip computer etc....?

Check you have the up to date software in the unit. There are known issues with BT and pairing in early versions. All the dealers do is reset the PID via the button on the bottom of the PID.

• 2 weeks later...

Have an ongoing issue with my Citigo PID and radio -- the PID allows me to make calls but 90% of the time does not allow me to pick up incoming calls (lost count of how many I've missed!) The answer call and hang up logos appear on screen but when I touch the answer logo I lose the call. the radio reception is intermittenly appalling. Has been to dealer countless times -- aerail base replaced twice, aerial mast replaced once -- even though i have taken video of the appalling reception of radio 2 and local radio all across the West Midlands the dealer says they can't find a fault. I emailed the video clips to Skoda Cust Services - they passed them to Technical at Milton Keynes -- Technical say no fault -- it's poor signal geographically -- won't even consider substituting the radio -- won't be having another Skoda -- extremely disappointing customer and dealer service. had 3 Skoda -- won't be a 4th! anyone else had radio issues like this?

If you get a replacement pid it's from another supplier think the original is garmin and the replacement is navigon. I have been drinking lots of xmas juice so I might have this the wrong way round. Merry Christmas. ..!

You have, the new one is Garmin.

I've been having similar issues with my PID and bluetooth since I got it with a Seat Mii and then got a citigo, using the same pid in both cars. It's gotten to the point where I've had to contact skoda to see if there was some way of getting bluetooth without the pid. I'm actually wanting to replace the entire radio but am finding it hard to find a replacement fascia so I can buy and install my own radio.

I am awaiting a email from my local skoda dealer to see if there is some kinda replacement they could install as I noticed there is a kenwood multimedia system available for skoda cars however I'm not sure if this is compatible with the citigo, hopefully they will be able to help me with either a new radio or a fascia so I can buy my own radio and install it.

I have the Navigon PID and have heard the garmin is better.