Goodbye...Sort of!

Condolences Al,  be prepared to miss it.  I know i miss mine.

Hope the missus doesn't rumble you too soon on the "spaciousness" of the 3 :giggle:

I've owned both an E90 320D and a Mk2 Fabia vRS both good motors in their own right.  Amusingly although the 3 is a diesel you will be straining to hear what's going on outside of the cabin, which is a new experience coming from a Furby vRS.  I spent weeks not knowing if the engine was running on my Superb when parked at the lights etc.

I'd love to pop down to SP for the MK2 meet. :-) I still plan to, I might take my sisters MC Tech... :-P

I already miss the "point and shoot" nippyness. But I knew from the moment I signed on the dotted line that I would. The 320 has 181bhp so it picks up its heels well, but just not in the savagery way that my MK2 did with the ITG and TMC fitted.

I'm already in the process of buying a DTUK box for it..... :giggle:

But I am enjoying the balance of the chassis and the feel from the steering is excellent. No crashy ride and rattles in the cabin either! The size isn't too bad, but coming from an estate it by no means compete.

100% agree Mark, unless you are booting it you struggle to hear whats going on, just ask my redline haha!

• Like 2

Shame, although you do seem to have swapped from a car with a dubious engine reputation to one with a downright grenade reputation. Enjoy the initial ownership experience of a diesel beemer.  It's fun, at about 6 months you soon get bored and crave petrol.

• Like 1

Well I am sad to say that I am no longer a MK2 Fabia VRS estate owner. After two years of fun and problem free motoring it's time to move on.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the information and opinions provided by the members / users of the MK2 sub forum. I'll certainly be sticking around to add my two pence and advice about various MK2 VRS questions... we all know they don't come up often... :notme:

Cheers Lads,

Alasdair

You forgot to gloat about what you've moved onto in your opening post, like most people do.

Top marks. :D

• Like 2

You forgot to gloat about what you've moved onto, like most people do.

Top marks. :D

Thanks,

It's not in my nature! :angel:

Shame, although you do seem to have swapped from a car with a dubious engine reputation to one with a downright grenade reputation. Enjoy the initial ownership experience of a diesel beemer.  It's fun, at about 6 months you soon get bored and crave petrol.

Maybe, The 330d and 335d are the dubious engines. The amount of 20D's trundling up and down the motorways give me faith that they are ok. Plus mine is only at 20k so I hope its still ok under the bonnet!

I was getting bored of the Fabia if i'm honest. Bored of the sparce cabin and materials, bored of the crashy ride and rattles, bored of the high wind and road noise. I never got bored of the straight line performance though! :p

• Like 3

Thanks,

It's not in my nature! :angel:

Maybe, The 330d and 335d are the dubious engines. The amount of 20D's trundling up and down the motorways give me faith that they are ok. Plus mine is only at 20k so I hope its still ok under the bonnet!

I was getting bored of the Fabia if i'm honest. Bored of the sparce cabin and materials, bored of the crashy ride and rattles, bored of the high wind and road noise. I never got bored of the straight line performance though! :p

The Missus made me sell mine :x

I keep almost leaving, did a deal on a Octavia 1.4 Elegance DSG only for the dealer to phone me back and say the mileage was much higher than originally quoted. Then did a deal on a Giulietta only to find out it was an import and they hadn't told me.

Perhaps I'm destined to keep the Fabia........

I keep almost leaving, did a deal on a Octavia 1.4 Elegance DSG only for the dealer to phone me back and say the mileage was much higher than originally quoted. Then did a deal on a Giulietta only to find out it was an import and they hadn't told me.

Perhaps I'm destined to keep the Fabia........

Very tidy,  rust free discs as well.

Someone might take that for £8,000.  

or it will end up at auction.

PS

Good to see yours has Front Fog lights.

I think you are destined to keep it Bob!

Sorry to say it George, I did run them as DRL's! I used to love seeing them reflect from the car in front. One of two things I miss compared to the new motor!